National Lockdown Business Support Grant
Restart Grant Notification:
Customers who have previously had lockdown grants will be invited to apply early next week for the restart grant. Please look out for an email inviting applications.
Maidstone was placed into lockdown along with the rest of the country from the 5 January 2021. There are further Local Restriction Support Grants (LRSG) available for the businesses listed below that had to remain closed.
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars
- Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses
Entertainment venues such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys
- Non-essential retail, such as clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops
- Personal care facilities such as hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons
- Community Centres, Halls, Indoor and Outdoor sports and leisure facilities
As a result of the national lockdown imposed from 5 January, the LRSG will be paid for six weeks from this date. This period has now been extended by 44 days to cover to 31st March.
There is also a one-off grant available for those businesses required to close for the period from 5th January to the 16th February.
Those businesses that successfully applied previously for the LRSG for the lockdown between 5th November and 2nd December 2020 and are still eligible will be contacted by email about the additional grants.
Please note that businesses will not be able to apply for the grants before having applied for the national LRSG