What to do if you have symptoms of Coronavirus
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
The symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are usually mild, but some people can become very unwell.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- high temperature
- new, continuous cough
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.
If you have symptoms
Start isolating immediately if you have symptoms of coronavirus
1. Do not leave home (unless to get tested)
2. Book a free test on the GOV.UK websiteor call 119 between 7am and 11pm.
Members of your household should self-isolate at home too for 14 days from the point where you started having symptoms.
If your test is positive
- You must isolate for 10 days in total.
- Your household must isolate for 14 days in total.
- NHS Test and Trace will ask you to share information about recent close contact.
If your test is negative
- You can stop isolating if you feel well.
- Your household can stop isolating immediately.
More information on test and trace
The NHS has more information about getting a test, understanding your results and what to do if you're contacted by NHS Test and Trace. Visit the Test and Trace information on the NHS website.