Impact to services
The Government announced on 18 March 2020, new measures protect renters and landlords affected by coronavirus. These will include:
- Emergency legislation to suspend new evictions from social or private rented accommodation while this national emergency is taking place
- No new possession proceedings through applications to the court to start during the crisis
- Landlords will also be protected as 3 month mortgage payment holiday is extended to Buy to Let mortgages
More information about additional protection for renters on GOV.UK.
Pubs and Restaurants
Government to grant permission for pubs and restaurants to operate as takeaways.
- The government will set out measures so that pubs and restaurants can operate as hot food takeaways to serve people having to stay at home
- Relaxation of planning measures will be introduced as soon as possible and will apply for a limited period
- Currently planning permission is required for businesses to carry out this change
More information about how pubs and restaurants can operate as takeaways on GOV.UK.
Support and Advice
The Money Advice Service offer free and impartial advice and tips. Information is available on:
- Employment and sick pay
- How to manage your money and outgoings including loans and utility bills.