Contact your Parish Council
Item 16, Page 41 - 65
Following publication of the officer report the following comments have been received from Cllr Harwood. The officer response to these comments follows in brackets
· There is no condition listed relating to renewable energy generation; (Additional condition recommended below as condition 19)
· There is no condition relating to incorporating integral habitat niches for wildlife such as swift or bat bricks (Replacement condition 13 set out below)
· There is no condition relating to the standard reference to gaps under boundary fences to allow movement of hedgehogs and other wildlife. (Replacement condition 13 set out below)
· There is no condition relating to the retention of cord wood (in this sensitive location this omission is puzzling). (Replacement condition 13 set out below)
· No details are show of where or what the SUDS system will comprise, in light of the surface water issues experienced in this locality this omission must be addressed before the application can be determined (applicant to address with an amended plan that will be available on Thursday evening)
· Concerned that the soak-away and traditional (non-wildlife) friendly gullies do not deliver the multiple benefits in terms of long-term maintenance, hydrology, landscape and wildlife delivered by balancing ponds or swales. A greenfield site on clay over chalk adjacent to ancient woodland would appear the optimum location. (applicant to address with an amended plan that will be available on Thursday evening)
· Despite statements in the officers report there is no landscaping plan accompanying this application. Within such as sensitive location so close to semi-natural ancient woodland a detailed 100% native landscaping scheme must accompany the application in order that an informed decision can be made (applicant to address with a new illustrative landscaping plan that will be available on Thursday evening)
Page 62 replace condition 13 as follows:
The development hereby approved shall not commence above slab level until details of a scheme for the enhancement of biodiversity on the site has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The scheme shall consist of the enhancement of biodiversity through integrated methods into the design and appearance of the development by means such as swift bricks, bat tube or bricks and measures and the location of retained cordwood. The approved measures shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details prior to first occupation of any of the units and all features shall be maintained thereafter.
Reason: To protect and enhance the ecology and biodiversity on the site in the future.
Page 63 add the following as condition 19
“The development shall not commence above slab level until details of how decentralised and renewable or low-carbon sources of energy will be incorporated into the development hereby approved to provide at least 10% of total annual energy requirements of the development, have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The approved details shall be installed prior to first occupation and maintained thereafter;
Reason: To ensure an energy efficient form of development. Details are required prior to commencements as these methods may impact or influence the overall appearance of development”.
Page 63 add the following as condition 20
The development hereby approved shall not commence above slab level until, details of all fencing, walling and other boundary treatments have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority with these details including gaps at the base of the boundary treatments to allow the passage of wildlife and the development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details before the first occupation of the buildings and maintained thereafter;
Reason: To ensure a satisfactory appearance to the development and to safeguard the enjoyment of their properties by existing and prospective occupiers.
Officer’s recommendation remains unchanged.