Contact your Parish Council
Issue - meetings
Application to vary a premise licence under the Licensing Act 2003 for Hush Heath Winery, Hush Heath Estate, Five Oak Lane, Staplehurst, Kent , TN12 0HX
Meeting: 28/03/2019 - Licensing Act 2003 Sub Committee (Item 12)
12 Application to vary a premise licence under the Licensing Act 2003 for Hush Heath Winery, Hush Heath Estate, Five Oak Lane, Staplehurst, Kent , TN12 0HX PDF 174 KB
- A Appendix - Application, item 12 PDF 5 MB
- B Appendix - Gullands Letter, item 12 PDF 68 KB
- HushHeathDoc AppC, item 12 PDF 24 MB
- C1 Appendix - Visit Kent Letter of Support, item 12 PDF 165 KB
- C2 Appendix - Support Letters 23 - 25, item 12 PDF 126 KB View as HTML (12/6) 22 KB
- D Appendix - Hush Heath-SPC Comments 21.02.2019, item 12 PDF 64 KB View as HTML (12/7) 8 KB
- E Appendix E-mail from Mr Balfour Lyn, item 12 PDF 68 KB View as HTML (12/8) 13 KB
- F Appendix - Sarah Easton response to SPC, item 12 PDF 99 KB View as HTML (12/9) 7 KB
- G Appendix - Hush Heath Premise Licence, item 12 PDF 117 KB
- H Appendix - Plans, item 12 PDF 337 KB
- I Appendix - Plan of the area Hush_Heath_Winery, item 12 PDF 151 KB
- J Appendix - HUMAN RIGHTS, item 12 PDF 29 KB View as HTML (12/13) 10 KB
- K Appendix - Order of Procedure of New and Variation Hearings, item 12 PDF 125 KB View as HTML (12/14) 36 KB
The Chairman requested that all those participating in the hearing identified themselves as follows:-
Councillor Mrs Wendy Hinder – Chairman
Councillor Mrs Denise Joy – Sub-Committee Member
Councillor Mrs Val Springett – Sub-Committee Member
Mrs Jayne Bolas – Legal Officer
Mrs Caroline Matthews – Democratic Services Officer
For the Applicant:
Mr Richard Balfour-Lynn – Owner of Hush Heath Winery
Mrs Leslie Balfour-Lynn – Owner of Hush Heath Winery
Mrs Sarah Easton – Manager of Hush Heath Winery
Witnesses to be called by the Applicant:
Mr David Curtis-Brignall – Deputy Chief Executive, Visit Kent
Councillor John Perry – Staplehurst Ward Councillor
Councillor Louise Brice – Staplehurst Ward Councillor
Councillor Malcolm Greer
Mr Philip Kolvin QC – Acting on behalf of Amanda and Bernard Tipples, Kim and Sally Humphrey, Angus Codd and Andrea Hodgkiss, Polly Hardwick, Frank and Anne Tipples, Paul and Doreen Stanley, Alison Clark, Richard and Natasha Davidson-Houston, David Taylor, Nicola Feakin and Marcus Rennick
Witness to be called – Mrs Natasha Davidson-Houston
Mr Robin Harris – Legal Advisor (observing)
Mr Mike Nash – Democratic Services Officer (observing for training purposes)
The Chairman asked all parties
to confirm that they were aware of the hearing procedure and that
each had a copy of the procedure document.
The Sub-Committee Members confirmed that they had pre-read all the agenda papers and any other documents regarding the hearing. Save that Councillor Mrs Springett, due to other commitments had skim read items such as the noise report and noted duplicated items but felt she had a good overall understanding of the issues involved.
The Chairman enquired whether draft conditions had been agreed between the applicant and any of the other parties for the Sub-Committee to consider.
Mr Philip Kolvin QC addressed the Sub-Committee. He advised that he had put forward some proposed conditions to the Applicant on behalf of the objectors and the Applicant had agreed to some of the conditions.
In response, the Applicant, Mr Balfour-Lynn, advised that he had agreed to some of the conditions which related to the licence, however some of the conditions related to planning conditions which were not pertinent to the licence.
The Chairman enquired whether any parties would be requesting any witnesses to give evidence at the hearing.
Mr Kolvin advised that he would be calling Natasha Davidson-Houston as a witness and would be the spokesperson for the objectors.
Mr Balfour-Lynn stated that he
would be calling Mr David Curtis-Brignall, Deputy Chief Executive of Visit Kent,
Councillor Malcolm Greer, Councillors John Perry and Louise Brice
who were Staplehurst Ward Members,
Sarah Easton, the General Manager of the Winery and his wife,
Mr Balfour-Lynn confirmed that he would be the spokesperson for the applicant.
The Legal Advisor was asked to outline the application for a variation of the premises licence on behalf of Hush Heath Winery which was as follows:-
· Removal of the condition ”the supply of alcohol on the premises will be limited to tasting samples only” ... view the full minutes text for item 12