Contact your Parish Council
Issue - meetings
Heather House Consultation
- APPENDIX 1, item 214 PDF 9 KB View as HTML (214/2) 1 KB
- Appendix 1: Copy of survey distributed to Park Wood households, item 214 PDF 45 KB
- APPENDIX 2, item 214 PDF 9 KB View as HTML (214/4) 1 KB
- Appendix 2: Copy of survey distributed to Stakeholder users (Group Leaders), item 214 PDF 51 KB
- APPENDIX 3, item 214 PDF 8 KB View as HTML (214/6) 1 KB
- Appendix 3: Heather House Consultation Report, item 214 PDF 524 KB View as HTML (214/7) 68 KB
Mrs Harvey informed the Committee that a survey had been distributed to 3566 households in the Park Wood ward. 320 responses had been received.
The Committee commented that:
· The summary of findings on pages 31 – 32 and 45 – 46 had the potential to misconstrue the results of the survey if it was read in isolation. As the summaries did not include any additional information, they were to be excluded from the evidence base used to inform the business case.
· The petition presented at the Communities, Housing and Environment Committee on 14 November 2017 was an additional source of information that was to be incorporated into the evidence base.
· Although the survey results were a useful tool, consideration needed to be given to the future potential of the facility when the business case was being formed.
In response to questions from the Committee, Mrs Harvey stated that:
· The survey was conducted by post. A freepost envelope was included with the survey to enable residents to respond without incurring a cost.
· Demographic questions were included in every survey, as the responses were used to understand the views of different sections of the community. This helped to inform consideration of equalities issues.
1. The results of the consultations with residents and stakeholders on Heather House be agreed for inclusion in the evidence base to inform the decision on whether to make further investment in the facility, excluding the summary of findings.
2. The petition presented at the Communities, Housing and Environment Committee on 14 November 2017 be agreed for inclusion in the evidence base to inform the decision on whether to make further investment in the facility.