Contact your Parish Council
Issue - meetings
18/505541/FULL Land Opposite St Anns
- 18/505541/FULL Committee Report, item 53 PDF 133 KB
- 18/505541/FULL Appendix A, item 53 PDF 467 KB
- 18.505541.FULL - St Anns Urgent Update, item 53 PDF 178 KB
All Members except Councillors Adkinson, Eves and Munford stated that they had been lobbied.
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development.
In presenting his report, the Case Officer advised the Committee that:
· The pond on the southern boundary of the site had been filled in with vegetation and did not appear to be functioning as a pond. It was considered that enhancing and safeguarding the stream along the western boundary would compensate for the loss of the pond.
· Delegated powers were sought to add a condition requiring the submission of details relating to the incorporation of integrated niches for wildlife in the structure of the dwelling itself.
· An email had been received that afternoon from a neighbour raising issues relating to the purchase of a parcel of land, the positioning of the driveway and disturbance by vehicle movements associated with the dwelling. However, the purchase of land was a matter between neighbours and not a material planning consideration. Furthermore, it was not considered that the vehicle movements associated with one additional dwelling would be so significantly detrimental that a refusal on that ground alone would be warranted.
Mr Street, for the applicant, and Councillor Springett (Visiting Member) addressed the meeting.
1. That subject to further negotiations with the applicant to secure a pre-commencement condition relating to the fencing off and securing of the biodiversity area prior to the commencement of works/development on site, which would include the prevention of the storage of any plant/materials/machinery within the fenced off biodiversity area, the Head of Planning and Development be given delegated powers to:
(a) grant permission subject to this and the other conditions set out in the report, the additional condition to secure the incorporation of integrated niches for wildlife in the structure of the dwelling itself, additional conditions relating to bats and lighting and ecological enhancements as suggested in the urgent update report and an informative relating to breeding birds as suggested in the urgent update report; and
(b) align and finalise the wording of the conditions and informative to ensure that they are workable and there is no duplication.
2. That the Ward Member and the adjoining Ward Members are to be kept informed of the progress of the discussions and changes/additions to conditions etc.
Voting: 9 – For 1 – Against 3 – Abstentions
Arising from the discussion on this application, and with the agreement of the Committee, the Chairman said that he would raise with the Vice-Chairman and the Political Group Spokespersons, the formulation of a reference to the Strategic Planning and Infrastructure Committee as to whether there is a need to address the effectiveness of Policy SP17 (Countryside) in the Local Plan Review.