Contact your Parish Council
Issue - meetings
2nd Quarter Performance and Budget Monitoring
- App 1 (Q2 Budget Monitoring), item 65 PDF 166 KB View as HTML (65/2) 63 KB
- App 2 (Q2 Performance Monitoring), item 65 PDF 112 KB View as HTML (65/3) 43 KB
The Director of Finance and Business Improvement explained that the Committee was expected to remain within its overall net revenue expenditure budget for the year, while there was a £2.29m slippage in the capital budget. This slippage related to projects undertaken at Mote Park. The Data Intelligence Officer stated that five of eight Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) had achieved the quarterly target.
In response to questions from the Committee, Officers said that:
· Alternative ways of funding the Maidstone Museum were being explored, as there was uncertainty regarding the funding that had been provided by the Arts Council.
· A footfall counter was in operation at Week Street between HSBC and the Metro Bank. Although it only accounted for one area, this provided a good indication of the general footfall in the high street.
The Committee commented that:
· The football attraction at Maidstone Museum had been a success.
· Consideration could be given to how data collected by third parties could be used to inform the measurement of KPIs.
1. The Revenue position as at the end of Quarter 2 for 2019/20, including the actions being taken or proposed to improve the position, where significant variances have been identified, be noted.
2. The Capital position at the end of Quarter 2 be noted; and
3. The Performance position as at Quarter 2 for 2019/20, including the actions being taken or proposed to improve the position, where significant issues have been identified, be noted.