Annual Canvass of the Elector Register
The annual canvass of the Elector Register starts on 1 July 2020. The process has changed so please check your letter and follow the instructions carefully. More information visit our Annual Household canvass page.
As part of our annual canvass we're required to send a Household Enquiry Form (HEF) to all households in Maidstone. The HEF asks you to confirm the details we have on the electoral register are correct.
We're looking for enthusiastic people to assist with this years Canvass, so we can publish the new updated electoral register on 1 December.
Canvassers help us to do this, by carrying out house to house visits. Visits will take place between September and November. It may take several visits before you make contact with the resident.
Canvassers need to complete their canvassing within the set time frame and make weekly contact with the Electoral Services team.
They need to:
- Have good communication skills
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be professional and politically neutral
- Be committed to completing the canvass
- Be comfortable working alone
- Have access to own transport
All canvassers will receive full training.
View the job description for a canvasser