11/0512 - AN APPLICATION FOR LISTED BUILDING CONSENT FOR INTERNAL ALTERATIONS AND EXTENSIONS TO FACILITATE THE CHANGE OF USE OF EXISTING NIGHTCLUB AND APARTMENTS TO 1 DWELLING AND 6 APARTMENTS, INCLUDING EXTENSIONS AND INTERNAL WORKS; CONVERSION, EXTENSION AND DEMOLITION OF THE EXISTING BALL ROOM TO 2 DWELLINGS; DEMOLITION OF EXISTING GARAGE BLOCK AND ERECTION OF 4 TERRACED PROPERTIES, INCLUDING GLAZED LINK TO ICE HOUSE; CONVERSION AND EXTENSION OF EXISTING GLASSHOUSES TO 4 DWELLINGS - WIERTON PLACE, WIERTON ROAD, BOUGHTON MONCHELSEA, MAIDSTONE, KENT
- Meeting of Planning Committee, Thursday 28th April, 2016 6.00 pm (Item 382.)
- View the background to item 382.
All Members except Councillors Perry and Mrs Stockell stated that they had been lobbied.
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development, having regard also to the information contained in the exempt Appendix to the report.
Mr Prebble, for objectors, Councillor Gershon of Boughton Monchelsea Parish Council (against) and Mr Hollaway, for the applicant, addressed the meeting on this application and related application 11/0511.
RESOLVED: That subject to the prior completion of a S106 legal agreement in such terms as the Head of Legal Partnership may advise to secure the following:
1) The development is to be dealt with in phases and the Owner agrees that occupation of the respective dwellings can only take place once the works on that phase have been completed in accordance with the planning permission and the works carried out in accordance with the schedules of works set out in the Valuation Report and Appraisal for Enabling Development (dated 25.06.2014) in respect of the greenhouse/glasshouses and the main House to the satisfaction of the Council.
2) Phase 1 must be completed before any occupation of the new dwellings.
3) Phase 3 must be completed before any occupation of any dwellings included in Phases 4 or 5.
4) For the avoidance of doubt all Phases can be developed contemporaneously but occupation of the respective dwellings may only occur in accordance with the above.
5) The Phases are as follows:
Demolition of out buildings currently used for industrial works and construction of the new greenhouse homes to the north of the greenhouse. Restoration of the greenhouse and garden wall. No occupation of units 10-13 inclusive until such time as the repair works have been completed.
Demolition of the garage and bungalow, and replacement with new-build terraced block consisting of four houses. No occupation of units 16-19 inclusive until such time as the works in Phase 1 have been completed.
Restoration and repair of the main House and adjoining additions. Units 3-9 inclusive. No occupation of the House and adjoining additions until these repair works have been completed.
For clarification until the works on Phase 3 are completed none of these obligations will prevent the occupation of the existing main House and flats in the extension to the House.
Conversion of the ballroom to two houses. Units 1-2 inclusive. No occupation until Phase 1 and Phase 3 works have been completed.
The enabling development of five houses Units 20-24 inclusive. No occupation until Phases 1, 2, 3 and 4 have been completed.
6) The Second Schedule shall set out a full method statement for the repair and restoration for the glasshouses.
7) The Third Schedule shall set out a full method statement for the repair and restoration of the main House.
8) A management plan should be set out to ensure the long term maintenance and repair of the communal areas of the listed buildings and gardens at Wierton Place.
9) The applicant shall enter into a Bond to ensure that the above repair and restoration works to all the listed buildings on the site are delivered.
the Head of Planning and Development be given delegated powers to grant listed building consent subject to the conditions and informative set out in the report as amended by the urgent update report.
Voting: 9 – For 2 – Against 0 – Abstentions
Councillor Munford requested that his dissent be recorded.
- Site Plan, item 382. PDF 191 KB
- 11/0512 - committee report, item 382. PDF 273 KB
- UUU ITEM 14 11.0512_update, item 382. PDF 61 KB View as HTML (382./3) 25 KB
- 11-0512_photos, item 382. PDF 3 MB