MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL
RECORD OF DECISION OF THE Strategic Planning, Sustainability and Transportation Committee
Tuesday 08 March 2016
Report of the Head of Planning and Development - Re-establishment of Maidstone Borough Transport User Group
Issue for Decision
To consider the re-establishment of the Maidstone Transport Users Group.
1. That a Maidstone Transport Operators Group be established.
2. That at the first meeting of the Maidstone Transport Operators Group the Terms of Reference be established to include the appointment of a Maidstone Borough Councillor as Chairman of the Group.
3. That in the initial year of the Maidstone Transport Operators Group quarterly meetings be held with a review of the Groupís effectiveness carried out at the end of the first year and reported back to the Strategic Planning, Sustainability and Transportation Committee.
4. That invitations to establish the membership of the Maidstone Transport Operators Group be extended to the following:
∑ Maidstone Borough Council Officers
∑ Kent County Council Officers
∑ Rail Services Providers for the Borough
∑ Highways England
∑ 1 representative from the Kent Association of Local Councils (KALC)
5. That quarterly reports to the Strategic Planning, Sustainability and Transportation Committee from the Maidstone Transport Operators Group be provided.