Item 19, Page 188 - 233 LAND TO SOUTH OF CROSS KEYS
BEARSTED, MAIDSTONE, KENT
Reference number: 14/504795
Amendment to Section 43.0 of the committee report to read as follows:
43.01 Subject to the prior completion of a legal agreement, in such terms as the Head of Legal Services may advise, to provide the following;
- The provision of 40% affordable residential units within the application site, 65% rental and 35% shared ownership.
- Contribution of £37,800 to be sought from the NHS towards improvements at the named surgeries of Bearsted Medical Practice and The Spires Surgery.
- Contribution of £2360.96 per applicable house and towards primary education provision in Maidstone to be put towards the enhancement of teaching space at South Borough Primary School.
- Contribution of £2359.80 per applicable house towards secondary education provision in Maidstone to be put towards enhancement of teaching space at Maplesden Oaks School.
- Contribution of £1589.00 sought to be used to address the demand from the development to go towards the Infozone Youth Hub for use and distribution locally.
- Contribution of £2400.79 sought to be used to address the demand from the development towards additional bookstock and services to be supplied to Bearsted Library.
- Contribution of £1400 to be provided to KCC for the purposes of improving the environment and furniture of Public Footpath KM75 to mitigate the impact of the development to include the addition of two handrails to a section of PROW KM75.
· Details of a long term management plan of the open space, woodland and ecology park including; responsibility for management, management contribution including the duration of the contribution, restriction of public access to certain areas and full habitat and ecology management details. The Planning Manger to be afforded delegated authority to agree the specific details of the long term management plan should Members be minded to recommend approval.
The applicant has submitted information regarding the necessary processes to establish the ecology park and woodland as a Local Nature Reserve. An application for LNR designation to Natural England would need to be submitted and would include:
· The delivery plan for the land including improvements and enhancements.
· The management plan for the lands long term future management.
· The details of funding for the future management and a mechanism for the land to be held in its designation.
The recommendation remains unchanged