Item 16, Page 4 - 15
Reference number: MA/13/1453
Land Off Clapper Lane, Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0RB
Three additional neighbour objections have been received and are summarised as follows:
- There is currently no access from the site onto Clapper Lane.
- There is no legitimate reason to grant permission.
- The application site is wet and boggy and is unsuitable for residential development.
- The existing plots adjacent the site could accommodate the family.
- The capacity of the sewerage system is inadequate.
- The land is north of the railway line and not within the MBC residential plan.
- The council's failure to set aside appropriate land for gypsy sites is resulting in their need to approve such applications.
- The council is not taking the views of the local residents seriously.
These issues have been fully assessed in the committee report.
The recommendation remains unchanged