Item 16 Widehurst Farm, Marden
Reference number: 15/505971/FULL
1. Late representations
6 further letters have been received since the report was completed making the following comments:
- lower grade sites would be more beneficial to place solar panels and the land should remain in agricultural use,
- need to protect rural communities, farmland and wildlife,
- alternative means of providing renewable energy without using farmland and destroying wildlife
- adverse visual impact of solar panels on landscape, rural character and biodiversity.
- Lack of woodland screening between site and Plain Road,
- Government has withdrawn support for solar power
- Preference should be given to brownfield rather than greenfield sites
- Need for emergency lighting,
- Disruption and damage to Plain Road during construction
2. Conservation Officer:
I am satisfied that the findings of the Heritage Statement are correct and that the proposal would have no adverse impact on any of the listed buildings in the vicinity (the nearest of which is about 450metres away) because of the lack of inter-visibility.
Photographs submitted showing existing solar farm at Berwick, W. Sussex, commissioned March 2015 (in presentation folder).
Recommendation remains unchanged