Item 13, Page 10 Oaklands, Gravelly Bottom Road, Kingswood
Reference number: MA/14/0668
Reference to a Court Order in relation to the applicant’s son, which was included in comments made by Broomfield & Kingswood Parish Council, has been raised with the applicant and a response has been received relating to the applicant’s personal circumstances and his son’s education.
The applicant has requested that the contents of the response are made confidential, and it is considered that they should remain confidential (as an Appendix to this urgent update) for the reason that it is information relating to an individual that is considered exempt under paragraph 1 of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.
It is in the public interest that this Appendix be taken in private because the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
However, the applicant has made the following statement:
“Mr & Mrs Eldridge share custody of their children now and have done so for some time, in fact by mutual consent their children now spend almost all of their time with Mr Eldridge.”
Amendment to Report
Para 9.01 should read “Guidance in the PPTS states that Local Planning Authorities should very strictly limit new traveller development in the countryside….”
I can confirm that the application has been assessed with this in guidance mind.
The Parish Council have referred to sections of the Kingswood Neighbourhood Plan which are relevant to this development. With regard to this Plan, the Council has recently received the report of the examiner and he concludes it does not meet the basic conditions and cannot proceed. Therefore, whilst a material consideration, it does not have sufficient weight to base any decision on.
Amendments to Conditions
Amend wording to read “….….Planning Policy for Traveller Sites 2015”
Amend condition to read as follows:
5. Within 2 months of the date of this decision there shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval in writing a scheme of landscaping using indigenous species which shall be in accordance with BS:5837 (2012) 'Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction - Recommendations' and include a programme for the approved scheme's implementation, maintenance and long term management. The scheme shall be designed using the principles established in the Council's adopted Landscape Character Assessment and Landscape Guidelines and shall include the following;
· Retention of existing vegetation within the site.
· Native tree and hedge planting along the boundary of the site with the public footpath.
· Native tree and hedge planting along the northern boundary of the site and to screen the enclosures erected at the entrance.
· The seeding of bare ground areas with a species rich grassland seed mix.
· The management of the areas of grassland adjacent to the scrub/woodland as a wild flower meadow.
· Definition of the landscaped areas and residential element of the site.
Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and biodiversity.
Delete the wording “Prior to the commencement of the development,….” And replace with the wording “Within 1 month of the date of this decision,…..”
My recommendation remains unchanged subject to the amended conditions above.