MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL
17 DECEMBER 2020
REPORT OF THE HEAD OF PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Deferred to enable the Officers to seek to secure:
A more detailed and improved Woodland Management Plan taking into account the suggestions made by Boxley Parish Council in its representations to the Committee and including not just the woodland but also the spatial edges and brushwood areas;
More information relating to the funding arrangements being adequate to deliver the Woodland Management Plan cross-referencing the obligations in the unilateral undertaking;
More dormouse bridges and an underpass for wildlife;
Insect bricks in end walls adjacent to the public highway/public footpaths and bug hotels in the natural areas;
Wildlife friendly boundary treatments including gaps for hedgehogs;
Deadwood piles to provide wildlife habitats;
More bird/bat boxes in standard trees at a reasonable height; and
No Sycamore trees within planting schemes.
20 August 2020
Deferred to enable the Officers to investigate:
· Increased open space to meet policies OS1(1) and H1(4) to provide the required amount of natural/semi-natural open space (1.5ha) together with usable space (on-site) for future occupants (but not a play area) which may result in a reduction in the number of houses.
· Increased landscaping in front of the houses on Street 2 and changes to the layout along the south boundary to provide more space to the properties on Broomshaw Road and Redewood Road.
· Increased EV charging points or electric charging ready (if not actual EV charging points) on properties and the provision of renewable energy for apartments and/or affordable housing.
· Integration of dedicated shared walking and cycle routes from southwest to northeast and northwest to southeast across the site.
· Provision of more biodiversity enhancements (integral habitat niches for wildlife, wildlife friendly drainage, removal of non-native planting/increased native planting with non-native Spanish chestnut to be replaced with beech, wild cherry or large-leaved lime).
· Whether all reptiles have been moved to Mote Park and if not look at the feasibility of using other suitable locations nearer to the site.
· Whether S106 contributions can be made to Fountain Lane junction or whether a separate motion for CIL monies to be allocated to this junction is appropriate.
· The source of heating and an informative to use electric heating not gas.
22 October 2020
19/500271/FULL - CHANGE OF USE OF LAND FOR THE STATIONING OF 18 HOLIDAY CARAVANS WITH ASSOCIATED WORKS INCLUDING LAYING OF HARDSTANDING AND BIN STORE - OAKHURST, STILEBRIDGE LANE, MARDEN, TONBRIDGE, KENT
Deferred to seek:
· Details of the design of the caravans;
· Details of electric vehicle charging points; and
· A detailed landscaping plan.
26 November 2020