Report of Head of Housing and Community Services - Maidstone Housing Strategy 2016-2020
Decision Maker: Communities, Housing and Environment Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To support the production of a new Housing Strategy post 2015 and approve Key Priority Themes recommended for consulation with key partners and stakeholders, in order to develop the Action Plan and stated outcomes for each theme.
1. That the Action Plan attached at Appendix E to the report of the Head of Housing and Community Services – Maidstone Housing Strategy 2016-2020, showing achievements against the stated outcomes from the previous Housing Strategy 2011-15 be approved.
2. That the Key Priority Themes identified for the new Housing Strategy 2016-2020 be approved for consultation with key partners and stakeholders, in order to develop the Action Plan outlined at Appendix A (to the report) and stated outcomes for each Key Priority Theme with the following amendments:
· The addition of the following wording to the end of Priority 1: to develop sustainable communities; and
· The removal of the figure of 18,500 from the Priority 1 outcomes.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Andrew Connors, Housing Enabling Officer Andrew Connors Ext:2166 or Tony Stewart Ext:2546 Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Tony Stewart
Publication date: 14/10/2015
Date of decision: 13/10/2015
Effective from: 22/10/2015
- Maidstone Housing Strategy 2016-2020 PDF 106 KB View as HTML (1) 85 KB
- Appendix A - Priorities, Outcomes and Actions PDF 70 KB View as HTML (2) 56 KB
- Appendix B - Housing Strategy Research Analysis Paper PDF 561 KB View as HTML (3) 326 KB
- Appendix C - Housing Strategy Links PDF 52 KB View as HTML (4) 2 KB
- Appendix D - Relationship between poor housing and health PDF 119 KB View as HTML (5) 3 KB
- Appendix E - Housing Strategy 2011-2015 Action Plan Update PDF 104 KB View as HTML (6) 223 KB