Report of the Head of Planning and Development - Re-establishment of Maidstone Borough Transport User Group
Decision Maker: Strategic Planning, Sustainability and Transportation Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Re-establishment of Maidstone Borough
Transport User Group
Issue for Decision
To consider the re-establishment of the Maidstone Transport Users Group.
1. That a Maidstone Transport Operators Group be established.
2. That at the first meeting of the Maidstone Transport Operators Group the Terms of Reference be established to include the appointment of a Maidstone Borough Councillor as Chairman of the Group.
3. That in the initial year of the Maidstone Transport Operators Group quarterly meetings be held with a review of the Group’s effectiveness carried out at the end of the first year and reported back to the Strategic Planning, Sustainability and Transportation Committee.
4. That invitations to establish the membership of the Maidstone Transport Operators Group be extended to the following:
· Maidstone Borough Council Officers
· Kent County Council Officers
· Rail Services Providers for the Borough
· Highways England
· 1 representative from the Kent Association of Local Councils (KALC)
5. That quarterly reports to the Strategic Planning, Sustainability and Transportation Committee from the Maidstone Transport Operators Group be provided.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Report author: Steve Clarke
Publication date: 08/03/2016
Date of decision: 08/03/2016
Effective from: 17/03/2016