Report of the Director of Finance and Business Improvement - Medium Term Financial Strategy 2017/18 Onwards
Decision Maker: Policy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
This report brings together the revenue and capital budgets for 2017/18 with a view to recommending a balanced budget to Council on the 1st March 2017 including a proposed level of Council Tax.
The budget outlined in this report incorporates the revenue budget proposals considered by this Committee at its meeting on 3rd January 2017 and the capital budget proposals considered at the meeting on 18th January 2017. The report also identifies issues emerging since that time and recommends amendments to the budget proposals as appropriate.
The report concludes by proposing an updated Medium Term Financial Strategy, reflecting the detailed revenue and capital budgets and current information about the financial position over the five year financial planning period.
That the Committee:
1. Notes the outcomes of consideration of budget proposals by the Service Committees;
2. Agrees an updated Strategic Revenue Projection as set out in Appendix A;
3. Agrees updated budget proposals as set out in Appendix B;
4. Agrees the Revised Estimate for 2016/17 as set out in Appendix C for recommendation to Council;
5. Agrees the Budget Estimate for 2017/18 as set out in Appendix C for recommendation to Council;
6. Agrees the Capital Programme set out in Appendix D for recommendation to Council;
7. Agrees a £4.95 increase in Council Tax for 2017/18 for recommendation to Council;
8. Agrees the updated Medium Term Financial Strategy/ Efficiency Plan as set out in Appendix F;
9. Recommends to Council the appropriate matters for decision to set a balanced budget for 2017/18 and the necessary level of Council Tax in accordance with the Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the Localism Act 2011 including the decisions made above.
10. Requires that the planning service review currently in progress pays particular attention to the volume of planning enforcement activity required, the associated policy, and the consequent resourcing of the planning enforcement service in the round – including staffing, legal support and direct action.
Contact: Mark Green Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Mark Green
Publication date: 15/02/2017
Date of decision: 15/02/2017
- Medium Term Financial Strategy and Budget Proposals PDF 132 KB View as HTML (1) 167 KB
- AppendixA PDF 372 KB
- MTFS 15-02-17 - Appendix B PDF 45 KB View as HTML (3) 10 KB
- AppendixC PDF 6 MB
- MTFS 15-02-17 - Capital Programme - Appendix D PDF 45 KB View as HTML (5) 10 KB
- Appendix E - Statement of General Fund Balances and Earmarked Reserves PDF 92 KB
- MTFS 15-02-17 - Appendix F PDF 183 KB View as HTML (7) 213 KB