18/504716/FULL - Appsmoor Farm, South Street Road, Stockbury, Sittingbourne, Kent ME9 7QS
Decision Maker: Planning Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
18/504716/FULL - Appsmoor Farm, South Street
Road, Stockbury, Sittingbourne, Kent ME9 7QS
The Committee considered the report of the Head of Planning and Development.
Councillor Bingham of Stockbury Parish Council addressed the meeting.
1. Permission be granted subject to the condition set out in the report with:
· The addition of a sentence to condition 1 specifying that the property shall not be used as a separate self-contained dwelling.
· An additional condition requiring the submission of a robust landscaping scheme comprising native hedgerow planting on the site boundary(ies) to help mitigate the impact of the log cabin (the species to be identified by the Landscape Officer).
· A landscaping implementation condition, specifying, inter alia, that any seeding or turfing which fails to establish or any trees or plants which, within ten years from the date of planting, die or become seriously damaged or diseased that their long term amenity value has been adversely affected, shall be replaced in the next planting season with plants of the same species and size as detailed in the approved landscape scheme unless the Local Planning Authority gives written consent to any variation.
2. The Head of Planning and Development be given delegated powers to define the curtilage of the property (red line or extended boundary) for the purpose of the landscaping scheme and to finalise the wording of the amended and additional conditions.
3. The Political Group Spokespersons of the Planning Committee be informed of the outcome of the discussions about where the boundary(ies) will be set.
Voting: 11 – For 1 – Against 0 – Abstentions
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Georgina Quinn Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Elly Hammond
Publication date: 14/11/2018
Date of decision: 08/11/2018
Decided: 08/11/2018 - Planning Committee