Issue - meetings
19/500271/FULL - Oakhurst, Stilebridge Lane, Marden, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 9BA
151 19/500271/FULL - CHANGE OF USE OF LAND FOR THE STATIONING OF 18 HOLIDAY CARAVANS WITH ASSOCIATED WORKS INCLUDING LAYING OF HARDSTANDING AND BIN STORE - OAKHURST, STILEBRIDGE LANE, MARDEN, TONBRIDGE, KENT PDF 131 KB
- 19/500271/FULL - Committee Report, item 151 PDF 165 KB
- 19/500271/FULL - Appendix 1, item 151 PDF 175 KB
- 19/500271/FULL - Appendix 2, item 151 PDF 171 KB
- Oakhurst_Urgent Update, item 151 PDF 28 KB View as HTML (151/5) 10 KB
- Oakhurst_Urgent Update_Revised Site Location Plan, item 151 PDF 241 KB
All Members except Councillors Harwood and Perry stated that they had been lobbied.
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development.
In presenting the application, the Development Manager circulated a revised site location plan with an amended red line boundary. He also sought the Committee’s agreement to the deletion of recommended condition 3 which had been superseded due to the reduction of the red line boundary.
Mr Cooper, an objector, Councillor Mannington of Marden Parish Council, Mr Nicholls, for the applicant, and Councillor D Burton (Visiting Member) addressed the meeting.
During the discussion on the application, the Development Manager advised the Committee that he wished to amend the first line of recommended condition 3 (originally condition 4) to read:
All caravans permitted at the site shall be occupied for bona fide holiday purposes only.
1. That permission be granted subject to the conditions and informatives set out in the report as amended by the Development Manager at the meeting with the deletion of condition 3 (Touring Caravans and Tents) and
(a) The further amendment of condition 3 (originally condition 4) (Holiday Occupancy) to include a mechanism to effectively recordthe use of the caravans;
(b) An additional condition requiring the provision of owl boxes within the site to protect and enhance biodiversity; and
(c) An additional informative reminding the applicant/future occupiers that this is a tourist rather than a permanent residential development and explaining that it cannot be for full time residential occupation.
2. That the Head of Planning and Development be given delegated powers to finalise the wording of the amended and additional conditions and the additional informative.
Voting: 7 – For 2 – Against 0 – Abstentions