Issue - meetings
14/502152 - Lenham United Reformed Church, Maidstone Road, Lenham, Kent, ME17 2QH
340 14/502152 - DEMOLITION OF UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND ADJOINING HALL TO FACILITATE THE ERECTION OF 24 NO. DWELLINGS ON THIS LAND AND LAND TO THE SOUTH WITH ASSOCIATED PARKING, ACCESS (FROM MAIDSTONE ROAD) AND LANDSCAPING - LENHAM UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, MAIDSTONE ROAD, LENHAM, KENT PDF 57 KB
- 14/502152 - Committee Report, item 340 PDF 298 KB
- 502152_urgent update, item 340 PDF 72 KB View as HTML (340/3) 14 KB
- lenham church drawings, item 340 PDF 220 KB
- 14-502152_photographs, item 340 PDF 2 MB
All Members except Councillor Butler stated that they had been lobbied.
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development.
Mr Cockett, an objector, Mr Hughes, for Lenham Parish Council (against), Mr Hume, for the applicant, and Councillor Sams (Visiting Member) (against) addressed the meeting.
1. That subject to the prior completion of a S106 legal agreement in such terms as the Head of Legal Partnership may advise to secure the following:
· £2,360.96 per ‘applicable’ house (£56,663.04)
· youth service equipment at Swadelands Youth Centre
· A contribution for Maidstone Borough Council Parks and Leisure Department of £37,800 towards the improvement, maintenance, refurbishment and replacement of the Ham Lane play area; and
· Details of a long term management plan for strategic landscaping areas within the site and cricket ball stop nets to the western boundary of the site, which shall include details of the following: responsibility for ongoing long term management; financial contributions towards implementation/installation and long term maintenance (including the duration of the contribution) (details to be finalised by Head of Planning and Development acting under delegated authority),
the Head of Planning and Development be given delegated powers to grant permission subject to the conditions and informatives set out in the report, as amended by the urgent update report, and the additional informative set out in the urgent update report.
2. That the details of the S106 legal agreement in relation to strategic landscaping and the management and maintenance of cricket ball stop nets are to be finalised in consultation with Ward Members and the Parish Council.
Voting: 7 – For 3 – Against 2 – Abstentions