Issue - meetings
14/506264 - Land At Bicknor Farm, Sutton Road, Langley, Kent, ME17 3NG
91 14/506264 - RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF 271 DWELLINGS INCLUDING 30% AFFORDABLE HOUSING, ACCESS AND ASSOCIATED INFRASTRUCTURE (AMENDED 08.03.2016) - LAND AT BICKNOR FARM, SUTTON ROAD, LANGLEY, KENT PDF 185 KB
- 14/506264 - Committee Report, item 91 PDF 316 KB
- 14/506264 - Appendix 1, item 91 PDF 44 KB View as HTML (91/3) 10 KB
- Bicknor Farm 120716 urgent update, item 91 PDF 2 MB View as HTML (91/4) 132 KB
- Urgent Urgent Update 14th July 2016_Bicknor Farm, item 91 PDF 253 KB View as HTML (91/5) 23 KB
- 14-506264_photos, item 91 PDF 3 MB
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update reports of the Head of Planning and Development.
Ms Lamb addressed the meeting on behalf of the applicant.
1. That the Planning Inspectorate be informed that if the applicant had not lodged an appeal against non-determination, the Council would have granted planning permission subject to the completion of a S106 legal agreement and the imposition of suitable planning conditions as necessary to make the proposed development acceptable in planning terms.
2. That the S106 legal agreement would have provided the following:
· The provision of 30% affordable residential units within the application site; the tenure split to be 38% shared ownership (31 units) and 62% social rented (50 units);
· A financial contribution of £798,095.00, as calculated in Appendix A to the report of the Head of Planning and Development, towards improvements to capacity at the junctions of Willington Street/Wallis Avenue and Sutton Road to be secured prior to commencement of development subject to final amendments to be negotiated between the Head of Planning and Development acting under delegated powers and developers;
· A financial contribution of £365,850.00, as calculated in Appendix A to the report of the Head of Planning and Development, towards the subsidy required to enable the improvement of the bus service on routes 12 and 82 out to Bicknor Farm and into the land south of Sutton Road development with the prioritisation of high quality bus services serving Headcorn Railway Station, Bearsted Railway Station and the Cornwallis Academy with Real Time Information, Fast Track etc., subject to final amendments to be negotiated between the Head of Planning and Development acting under delegated powers and developers;
· A financial contribution of £611,243.84 towards the land acquisition costs for provision of a new school at Langley Park and £905,000.00 towards construction costs;
· A financial contribution of £37,453.72 towards the community facility being delivered as part of the new school at Langley Park;
· A financial contribution of £533,904.75 towards the construction of a phase of extending the Cornwallis Academy, Maidstone;
· A financial contribution of £13,012.28 towards libraries to address the demand from the development for additional book stock;
· A financial contribution of £108,400.00 towards the improvement, maintenance, refurbishment and replacement of off-site facilities for play equipment and play areas, ground works, outdoor sports provision and pavilion facilities at Senacre Recreation Ground;
· A financial contribution of £210,960.00 towards the upgrade of facilities as required at the Wallis Avenue Surgery, Orchard Surgery Langley, Mote Medical Practice and Northumberland Court Surgery;
· Annual monitoring and reporting of the effect of displaced traffic on highway routes surrounding the site (“rat-running” monitoring);
· A financial contribution towards suitable mitigation measures to combat any significant adverse traffic flow conditions as may be established by the monitoring exercise to be conducted;
· The establishment of a “development monitoring committee” to be responsible for the review of all aspects of the development, including design, phasing, quality etc., with such members to include an Officer of the Borough Council, Ward Member(s), representatives of the ... view the full minutes text for item 91