Issue - meetings
16/506795 - 164 Ashford Road, Bearsted, Kent, ME14 4NB
41 16/506795 - DEMOLITION OF 164 ASHFORD ROAD AND ASSOCIATED GARAGING AND ERECTION OF A REPLACEMENT DWELLING AND GARAGE/CAR BARN, TOGETHER WITH ALTERATIONS TO THE ACCESS ROAD TO CREATE NEW PRIVATE VEHICULAR ACCESS TO SERVE 162 AND 162A ASHFORD ROAD - 164 ASHFORD ROAD, BEARSTED, KENT PDF 408 KB
- Committee Report, item 41 PDF 118 KB
- 16.506795 164 Ashford Road_urgent update, item 41 PDF 49 KB View as HTML (41/3) 50 KB
- 16-506795_photos, item 41 PDF 52 MB
All Members stated that they had been lobbied.
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development.
Mr Van Der Spuy, an objector, Mr Bedford, for the applicants, and Councillor Springett (Visiting Member) addressed the meeting.
RESOLVED: That permission be granted subject to the conditions and informatives set out in the report, as amended by the urgent update report, and the additional conditions set out in the urgent update report, with the amendment of condition 6 (Landscaping) to incorporate the following (the precise wording to be finalised by the Head of Planning and Development in consultation with Ward Members and Councillor Harwood):
· Submission of a landscape scheme and management plan for the entire site encompassing the maintenance of well-structured woodland within the site;
· Replacement of previously removed log piles and the retention and reuse of cordwood;
· A long term (not 5 year) management plan;
· Landscape scheme should address the need to provide replacement trees for those proposed to be removed and those that have already been removed;
· Species should include guelder rose; and
· Where proposed, new trees should be at least semi-mature. The scheme should include the retention and regular pollarding of Tree T8.
Voting: 12 – For 0 – Against 0 – Abstentions