Issue - meetings
18/501312 - Swanton Farm, Bicknor Road, Bicknor, ME9 8AT
135 18/501312 - PROVISION OF A CONTROLLED ATMOSPHERE STORE, CONCRETE HARDSTANDING, IRRIGATION LAGOON AND ASSOCIATED ENGINEERING OPERATIONS (INCLUDING LAND RAISING/EARTHWORKS) AND THE UPGRADING OF AN EXISTING TRACK AND ACCESS - SWANTON FARM, BICKNOR ROAD, BICKNOR, KENT PDF 160 KB
- 18/501312 - Committee Report, item 135 PDF 268 KB
- 18.501312Swantonfarm- urgent update, item 135 PDF 47 KB View as HTML (135/3) 17 KB
All Members except Councillor Round stated that they had been lobbied.
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development.
The Principal Planning Officer advised the Committee that since the publication of the urgent update report on 4 September 2018:
· Bicknor Parish Meeting had made further representations reiterating the highway problems being experienced at the moment with HGVs at harvest time; expressing support for passing bays; and reiterating their preference for the building to be moved further away from the hamlet.
· The agent for the applicant had also provided further information (a) clarifying that the orchards to the south would be on wire supports three metres high and that the trees would grow to a height of up to four metres to provide landscape screening to complement the existing landscape screening and (b) indicating that the applicant would be willing to consider further woodland type screening as part of the landscape condition if required.
Mr Wainman, an objector, Mr Moore, on behalf of Bicknor Parish Meeting, Mr Ogden, for the applicant, and Councillor Garten (Visiting Member) addressed the meeting.
RESOLVED: That consideration of this application be deferred to:
· Seek the submission of a detailed structural landscaping scheme comprising a significant area of woodland and wetland wrapping around the building to include the Bicknor Road frontage;
· Seek further details of how views from the south east could be improved as a result of the landscaping proposed; and
· Seek details of the energy efficiency of the building and how renewable energy measures could be incorporated into the scheme.
Voting: 12 – For 0 – Against 0 – Abstentions