Issue - meetings
Reference from Council - Outside Bodies
Meeting: 12/12/2018 - Council (Item 95)
- Appendix 1: Amendments to the Scheme of Outside Bodies, 14/11/2018 Democracy Committee, item 95 PDF 74 KB
- Appendix 2: Minute and resolution from Council, 14/11/2018 Democracy Committee, item 95 PDF 39 KB View as HTML (95/3) 10 KB
It was moved by Councillor Mrs Wilson, seconded by Councillor Mrs Gooch, that the recommendation of the Democracy Committee relating to the Scheme of Outside Bodies be approved.
RESOLVED: That the amended Scheme of Outside Bodies, attached as Appendix 1 to the report of the Democracy Committee, be approved.
- Appendix 1: Amendments to the Scheme of Outside Bodies, item 53 PDF 74 KB
- Appendix 2: Minute and resolution from Council, item 53 PDF 39 KB View as HTML (53/3) 10 KB
Mr Bailey reminded the Committee that during its meeting on 26 September 2018, Council agreed amendments to the scheme of Outside Bodies. During consideration of this, an inconsistency was identified regarding the distribution of Outside Bodies relating to green spaces. Mr Bailey stated that as the Heritage, Culture and Leisure (HCL) Committee was responsible for parks and open spaces, moving the following Outside Bodies to the HCL Committee would ensure consistency:
· Vinters Valley Park Trust
· Allington Millennium Green Trust
· Hayle Park Nature Reserve
The Committee observed that:
· Consistency was important, and this could be achieved by allocating Outside Body Council Representatives through the Democracy Committee or HCL Committee.
· Both Council Representatives and Outside Bodies were responsible for ensuring that there was appropriate representation on these organisations and that updates were regularly reported back to the relevant Committee.
· The Outside Bodies in question performed similar functions, and therefore, it was sensible to allocate these to a single Committee.
RESOLVED: That Council is recommended to agree the amended scheme of Outside Bodies.
Voting: For – 8 Against – 1 Abstentions – 0