Financial Support and Schemes

Discretionary Housing Payment

If you need more help to pay your rent you may be able to have a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).

These payments are paid at our discretion and will help to support you if you're struggling with your finances.

Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment

For further advice email or call 01622 602557.

Exceptional Hardship Policy

Our Exceptional Hardship Policy is there to assist residents who’ve applied for a Council Tax reduction and are facing exceptional hardship, where the support we’re already providing doesn’t meet the full Council Tax liability.

If you’re struggling to pay your Council Tax you may be able to apply for an Exceptional Hardship Payment.

Apply for an Exceptional Hardship Payment

For further advice email or call 01622 602557.

Free School Meals

Free School Meals are run by Kent County Council, you can apply for free school meals online.

You can find out more about Free School Meals on Kent County Council’s website.

Pension Credit

Pension credit is run by the Department for Work and Pensions. You can apply on the GOV.UK website.