Occasional use

Before applying

You can apply for an Occasional Use Notice (OUN) without an operating licence.

An Occasional Use Notice is mainly used for occasional events taking place mainly at race tracks, either permanent, for example a dog or horse racing track, or a temporary one, for example a track created specifically for a race. they can also be used for other events.

If the race/event also involves track side betting you will also need to hold an operating licence before applying for the notice. These are licensed by the Gambling Commission. To apply for an operating licence visit their website.

Apply for a licence

    Before applying, please read the following:

    You'll need to download and fill in the occasional use notice application form and send it to:

    Licensing Partnership
    Council Offices
    TN13 1GP

    Licence fees

    There is no fee for the notice.