Our Housing Delivery Programme
As part of the Council’s commitment to improving the supply of truly affordable rented homes in the Borough, the Regeneration and Economic Development team is looking for land and ‘package deal’ opportunities that can provide new homes for social rent. Please get in touch using the contacts below if you have a site or new build housing scheme that could be suitable.
We're looking for opportunities to buy land with planning or to acquire new build homes through a ‘package deal’ arrangement.
- Only brand new, new build homes are suitable and they must have an NHBC warranty or similar.
- The site must be within the Maidstone Council area and we prefer locations that are well served by public transport and local amenities
- We're keen to find opportunities for two, three or four bedroomed houses but they need to be mainly two and three bedroomed
- We're also seeking opportunities for one and two bedroomed flats. These need to be in self-contained blocks.
- We will consider smaller opportunities of less than ten homes, including Section 106 quota opportunities, subject to planning.
- On larger sites we may have the option to include homes for market rent or outright sale alongside social rented homes.
In addition to looking to secure land and ‘package deal’ opportunities that can provide new homes for social rent, we're also interested in identifying and acquiring opportunities for market rented housing within the Borough. This could be on turn-key or package deal arrangements. Any market rent properties delivered would be retained by us, within its property company Maidstone Property Holdings Ltd. Predominately apartments (one and two bedrooms with consideration of small number of three bedrooms) on Brownfield town centre sites are preferred, with en-suites to the master bedrooms.
If you're a landowner, developer or agent working in the Maidstone Borough Council area and have anything that may be suitable, we’d love to hear from you.
We plan to build these new houses on our Brunswick Street car park.
We plan to build these new houses in Invicta Place.
We have exchanged contracts with Redrow Homes for the purchase of 14 apartments located within Block 9, on the Springfield Mill, Royal Engineers Road development.
There will be 2 x 1-bed and 12 x 2-bed apartments, all for private rent on the open market. Works to Block 9 are expected to be completed by September 2020.