Grants and funding for residents

Direct financial support is available for households struggling with their finances.

Homelessness service

Our Homelessness Service has funding available to help tenants from the private rented sector, people in social housing and owner occupiers avoid becoming homeless. It can help:

  • pay some rent and mortgage arrears
  • provide support to help you stay in your home
  • with debts on utility bills and Council Tax

If you're a Maidstone resident and at risk of losing your home, please visit our housing pages for advice, information and details about how to contact our Housing Advice Team.

Discretionary Housing Payment

If you need more help to pay your rent you may be able to have a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). These payments are paid at our discretion and will help to support you if you're struggling with your finances. For more information visit our Discretionary Housing Payment page.

Exceptional hardship policy

Our Exceptional Hardship Policy is there to assist residents who’ve applied for a Council Tax reduction and are facing exceptional hardship, where the support we’re already providing doesn’t meet the full Council Tax liability. If you’re struggling to pay your Council Tax you may be able to apply for an Exceptional Hardship Payment. For more information visit our Benefits Financial Support page.