Discounts and exemptions
Depending on your circumstances you may be eligible for a discount or exemption from paying your Council Tax.
Types of discounts available
There are various types which can be applied to your Council Tax:
- single person
- student and apprenticeships
- severely mentally impaired, carer's or disability reduction
- unoccupied properties and properties that are uninhabitable
We also have our Council Tax support scheme if you are on a low income.
- in prison for something other than not paying your Council Tax
- living in a hostel
- a long term patient living in hospital
- a member or dependant of visiting forces
- a member or dependant of International Headquarters or Defence Organisations
- a member of a religious community
- the partner or dependants of foreign students
To see if you may qualify for a different exemption please contact us.
Remove a discount
If you need to remove a discount you can find out more on our remove a discount page.