Maidstone Borough Council are committed to facilitating a carbon neutral future and have rolled out our first phase of Electric Vehicle (EV) charging units to enable residents and visitors to have access to charging in core town locations.
Pod Point Charge units can be found in the following locations:
|Location||Number of bays||Cost||Speed||Maximum Stay|
|King Street||2||See Parking Tariff||7kWh||4 Hours|
|Medway Street||2||See Parking Tariff||7kWh||4 Hours|
|Union Street||2||See Parking Tariff||7kWh||4 Hours|
|Barker Road||4||See Parking Tariff||7kWh||4 Hours|
|Wheeler Street||4||See Parking Tariff||7kWh||4 Hours|
|Mote Road||4||See Parking Tariff||7kWh||4 Hours|
Using Our Chargers
- To use our EV charge points, customers must download the Pod Point smartphone app available on both Apple and Android devices.
- Users must select their location and activate their charging session from the app. The cost of parking is included with the charging fee to make a single parking event.
- Customers DO NOT need to purchase a separate parking session from a pay unit or RingGo.
LED (Light) Colour Guide
Units use colour LEDs (lights) to indicate the status of the device. A full guide of what each colour means can be found below:
|White||Trying to get signal (can take up to 1 minute)|
|Magenta/Purple-Red||Establishing communication with server|
|Blue/Magenta Flashing||Communication established - car not plugged in|
|Blue/Magenta Flashing||Unlock Mode|
|Red/ Red Flashing||Machine Fault*|
*Please contact APCOA on 01622 751457.
Penalty Charge Notices
To ensure EV bays are used for charging only, penalty charge notices will be issued for the following contraventions:
- Parking without charging
- Staying longer than the maximum stay of the car park
- Parking outside of bay markings