Renting Business Space
Who we are?Maidstone Borough Council
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you when you:
- visit maidstone.gov.uk;
- contact us in writing,
- speak to us on the phone, email or any other type of electronic communication,
- talk to us face to face.
What types of information do we collect from you?
- Phone number
- Email address
Our legal basis for using your information is:
We will use your information to:
Process Applications and Payments for leases and licences of Business space
Research & Statistics
Anonymity & pseudonymous data may be used for research & statistical purposes that are relevant and compatible with the purpose that the data was collected for.
Who has access to your information?
Maidstone Borough Council takes its obligations under the Data Protection Legislation very seriously, and will not disclose information to any unauthorised person. This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and we may share information provided to us with other services within the council or other bodies responsible for auditing and administering public funds, that have a legitimate reason to request the disclosure e.g. the prevention detection of fraud.
Your information may be shared with the Electoral Registration Officer for Maidstone for the purposes of registering electors, and purposes under Schedule 2 of the Representation of the Peoples Act 1983.
What are your rights in relation the personal data we process?
- Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the Council.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The Council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
How long will we keep your information for?
In line with our record retention schedule, records relating to the renting of business space will be kept for 7 years.
What security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us.
Keeping your data up to date
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
Details of any automated decision processes
There are no automated decisions in this process.
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience. View what cookies we use and how you can manage them.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer; Angela Woodhouse.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at:Information Commissioner's Office