Your privacy and the protection of your personal information is very important to us and we are committed to robust compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This privacy notice explains what we do with your personal information, your rights and how we protect it.
This notice is for all our service users and clients. This version of the notice was adopted in November 2020 and will be kept under review.
Who we are?Maidstone Borough Council
Phone: 01622 602000
Email: Data Protection Officer
You can find us in the Information Commissioner’s register of organisations.
What types of information do we collect from you?
- Phone number
- Email address
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Financial information
Keeping your personal information
In line with our record retention schedule, records relating to the renting of business space will be kept for 7 years.
Our legal basis for using your information is:
We rely on your consent to use your data.
Sharing personal information
We do not share this information.
We will use your information to:
- Provide you with services.
- Retain a record to permit us to audit and quality assure those services.
- Contact you for user satisfaction surveys.
- Plan and manage our services and to meet the requirements of external regulators.
- Give you a better experience on our website and to improve the relevance of online advertising you see. Please see our Privacy Statement.
- Keep visitors and colleagues safe and secure, we also use CCTV at our premises which records images.
There are no automated decisions in this process.
Your rights over your personal information
- Access – you can request copies of your personal information that is held by the Council.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The Council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Limit processing – how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to how your data is being used
Find out more information on the ICO website.
Staying in touch
We want to keep in touch with clients and service users to tell you about our services, by post, email, text or social media.
We will not do this if you opt out or object, and you can change your mind at any time. Just get in touch using the contact details at the top of this notice or unsubscribe within any of our awareness-raising communications.
We will not use your personal information to send you marketing communications by email or text without your consent.