Annual Canvass of the Elector Register
The annual canvass of the Elector Register starts on 1 July 2020. The process has changed so please check your letter and follow the instructions carefully. More information visit our Annual Household canvass page.
Mote Hall free hire
Mote Hall Free Hire for Local Groups 2020/21
Free hire of Maidstone Leisure Centre’s Mote Hall is available to established community groups and charities who can confirm their event meets the priority criteria below. There are 4 free hire opportunities available this year, each up to the equivalent of the £2,100 cost of Hall hire; no alternative is available.
Priority will be given to those groups who fall into any of the categories below:
- Sporting or cultural events
- Events which are unlikely to go ahead without a free let
- Not-for-profit events
- Events which support young people and other target groups
- Organisations which have not previously been granted a free let
The application process is:
1. Before completing this form, check for availability with the leisure centre’s events duty manager.
2. Contact Joyce Veal, Events Duty Manager, at Maidstone Leisure Centre to provisionally book the date you are interested in. You can contact Joyce by calling: 01622 220212 or email.
3. Prepare an income and expenditure analysis for your event
4. Fill out the application form in as much detail as possible
5. Submit your completed form to Steve Horton by email at Maidstone Borough Council along with the event income/expenditure analysis.
6. Applications will be scored against the priority criteria.
7. Successful applicants will be notified of their free event hire in the week beginning 9th March 2020. Organisations will still be eligible for their other event costs.
The deadline for applications was midnight Saturday 29th February 2020.
Please use the link below to complete your application and email it to Steve Horton before the deadline. Printed applications can be accepted if they are received by the deadline at the following address:Steve Horton
Leisure & Culture
Maidstone Borough Council,
Maidstone House (5th Floor),