Noise problems we can deal with:

  • Noise in the home including amplified music and DIY
  • Industrial and commercial noise
  • Agricultural noise
  • Barking dogs
  • Leisure activities. For example clay pigeon shoots, concerts, motor events, model aircraft
  • Stationary vehicles, equipment and machinery in the street
  • Intruder alarms or vehicle alarms
  • Construction sites and demolition work

Noise problems we can’t deal with:

If you're experiencing problems you can deal with these issues by going to the Maidstone Mediation Services website, the Citizens Advice Bureau website or by seeking legal advice.


Neighbour noise can have a huge impact on people’s lives.

Before reporting a noise problem try to:

  • Build a relationship with your neighbour
  • Have a quiet word with your neighbour about the problem
  • If you need to, have another word and explain the impact it is having on you and your family
  • Use the Maidstone Mediation Services website
  • If they live in a rented or housing association property contact your neighbour’s landlord to talk about the issues

If you have tried the appropriate steps above and they haven't worked you can report a noise problem to us.


Commercial noise can be from nightclubs, pubs and businesses and is dealt with in a similar way to neighbour noise.

Before reporting a noise problem you should try to speak with the business first to explain the issue. More often than not, this will solve the problem straight away. If it doesn’t, you can report the noise to us and we can investigate.

Construction and Demolition

Construction and demolition sites by their very nature are noisy and we therefore find it reasonable for them to operate during the normal working hours of 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturday as the noise they produce is unavoidable.

If noisy works are taking place outside of these hours, on Sundays or bank holidays and it is impacting your ability to enjoy your property on a regular basis, please notify us using the noise report form above.

If you are a developer, please ensure you keep site operations within the normal working hours above and see the Planning pages for advice about carrying out noise impact assessments.