Change Your Benefits

You must tell us if your circumstances change. We need to be told about any changes as it may affect your benefit payments. You still need to tell us your change even if you have told another organisation such as the jobcentre.

Things that may change your situation are categorised below:

Changes to income

We need to know if your:

  • earnings go up or down
  • getting a new benefit/pension/tax credit
  • losing a benefit/pension/tax credit
  • benefit/pension/tax credit change
  • getting an occupational or private pension
  • occupational or private pension changes
  • Income Support/Jobseekers Allowance/Employment Support Allowance/Pension Credit ends

Started a new job?

If you've just started a new job and do not have any wage slips yet use the certificate of earnings form. When you've completed it, you can use the proof upload form to send it to us.

Have your wages changed?

If your wage has changed, use the proof upload form to send us a new payslip.

Send us your payslip

Are you self employed?

If you're self employed and your income has changed use the self employed earnings form.

Changes in capital or savings

We need to know if your

  • bank or building society accounts capital/savings going up or down
  • getting capital/savings. This includes property and land

Changes in your family or people who live with you

We need to know about:

  • a birth
  • marriage
  • child leaving school
  • someone leaving/joining your home
  • a disability
  • someone going into/coming out of hospital
  • fostering a child
  • adopting a child
  • a death

Make a change to your claim

Changes in your home

We need to know if your:

  • moving into a new home or moving out of your home
  • your rent goes up or down
  • tenancy changes

Tell us you're moving

Stopping your claim

If you no longer wish to claim you should tell use immediately

Stop claiming