Discretionary Housing Payment
For us to award a Discretionary Housing Payment – you have to be in receipt of Housing Costs through Universal Credit or be receiving Housing Benefit.
Before you apply
We look at things like:
- your total income
- your expenses
- if you have any savings
- if there is anyone else in the house that can help
- if you have any loans or debts
- if you or your family have any special circumstances, for example disability
If you are awarded the DHP we will decide how long it will be for.
What you'll need
Before you apply you will need to know:
- what money you have going out
- what money you have coming in
- what benefits you may be receiving
- your National Insurance number
- details about your bank accounts and any savings
- copies of your last two months bank statements
- how much your removal costs will be, by providing us with quotes
For more information please read our Discretionary Housing Payment policy.