Contact your Parish Council
Purpose of committee
(1) All those functions as defined by the Local Authorities (Committee System) (England) Regulations 2012 and other legislation that the Council is unable to delegateincluding:-
· Adopting a Councillors' Allowance Scheme and amending the same, including the Mayor's and Chairman’s allowances having considered the report of an Independent RemunerationPanel.
· Making a request for single Councillor electoral wards to the Local Government BoundaryCommission.
· A resolution to change the Council's scheme forelections.
· Making an order giving effect to the recommendations made in a Community Governance Review and other Parish Council functions that are not otherwisedelegated.
· Making or revoking or amending the following policies, plans and strategies:-
o Crime and Disorder ReductionStrategy.
o Licensing Authority Policy Statement
Including any Cumulative ImpactPolicies.
o Local Development Framework - Plans and alterations which together comprise the Development Plan and Development PlanDocuments.
o Sustainable Community Strategy.
o Policies made under the Gambling Act (including any resolution relating tocasinos).
· Additionally the Council has chosen to make the Strategic Plan part of the policy framework to be agreed by theCouncil:
· The approval or adoption of a plan or strategy for the control of the local authority’s borrowing, investments or capital expenditure or for determining the authority’s minimum revenue provisionincluding:-
o the CapitalProgramme.
o Capital Investment Strategy.
Medium Term Financial Plan.
o Treasury Management Strategy.
(2) Setting the Council’s Budget and CouncilTax.
(3) Adopting the Council's Constitution and making significant changes to it, including the rules andprocedures.
(4) Electing the Mayor and appointing the Deputy Mayor of the Council.
(5) Appointing (and removing) the Leader of the Council and Deputy Leader.
(6) Agreeing or amending the Committee structure, making significant changes to the terms of reference of Committees and sub- Committees and their size, as well as making appointments to Committees.
(7) Confirming the appointment of Independent Person(s) in connection with Councillor conduct and Statutory Officerdiscipline.
(8) Confirming the appointment of the Head of Paid Service or dismissal of the Head of Paid Service, Monitoring Officer and Chief Finance Officer.
(9) Appointing the Returning Officer and Electoral RegistrationOfficer.
(10) Making, amending, revoking, re-enacting or adoptingbylaws.
(11) Making, varying or revoking, Early Morning Alcohol Restriction Orders (“EMROs”) and introducing/amending Late Night Alcohol Levy charges on establishments between midnight and six in the morning.
(12) Promoting or opposing the making of local legislation (including bylaws) or personalbills. Considering:-
· Ombudsman reports where there has been a finding of maladministration with injustice and the report has been rejected;
· Statutory officer reports of the Monitoring Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Head of Paid Service;and
· External Auditor's public interestreports.
(13) Conferring the title of Honorary Freeman and Honorary Alderman of theBorough.
(14) Approving the Annual Senior Officer Pay PolicyStatement.
(15) Changing the name of the Borough.
(16) Agreeing to submit plans and strategies to the Secretary of State or Minister forapproval.
(17) Making recommendations to the Secretary of State on district boundaries, ward boundaries, electoral divisions, ward or polling districts.
(18) Considering reports from Committees, Sub-Committees, or any other body constituted by the Council, where there are items recommended to Council fordecision.
(19) Making compulsory purchase orders (other than under planning grounds).
(20) Appointment of representatives to outside bodies, including joint bodies, except where delegated to the DemocracyCommittee.
Approving the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging
(22) Any other function which must, by law, be reserved to the full Council.
For the avoidance of doubt, the full Council retains ultimate responsibility for the actions and decisions of all its Committees and also retains the ability to exercise all its powers whether or not they have also been delegated to a Committee Sub-Committee or officer.
However the Council shall not exercise a power that has been delegated without first ensuring that such a step is in the best interests of the Council. The Council’s ability to exercise its powers will not generally be used to override or supersede any decision or action already taken by a Committee or Officer acting under delegated authority and therefore before taking any such action the Council needs to be appraised of the current situation regarding implementation of decisions made by others (and the potential consequences of taking an alternativedecision).
- Councillor Alan Bartlett
- Councillor Mrs Annabelle Blackmore
- Councillor Louise Brice
- Councillor Anne Brindle
- Councillor Heidi Bryant
- Councillor David Burton
- Councillor Tom Cannon
- Councillor Brian Clark
- Councillor Maureen Cleator
- Councillor Patrick Coates
- Councillor Richard Conyard
- Councillor Gary Cooke
- Councillor Paul Cooper
- Councillor Martin Cox
- Councillor Clive English
- Councillor Robert Eves
- Councillor Stanley Forecast
- Councillor Gill Fort
- Councillor Patrik Garten
- Councillor Fay Gooch (Mayor)
- Councillor Susan Grigg
- Councillor Paul Harper
- Councillor Tony Harwood
- Councillor Michelle Hastie
- Councillor Bob Hinder
- Councillor Peter Holmes
- Councillor Stuart Jeffery
- Councillor Mrs Denise Joy
- Councillor Dinesh Khadka
- Councillor Ashleigh Kimmance
- Councillor Sandra Knatchbull
- Councillor Lewis McKenna
- Councillor Derek Mortimer
- Councillor Steve Munford
- Councillor David Naghi
- Councillor Gordon Newton
- Councillor Lottie Parfitt-Reid
- Councillor John Perry
- Councillor Marion Ring
- Councillor Mrs Cynthia Robertson
- Councillor Margaret Rose
- Councillor Martin Round
- Councillor Claudine Russell
- Councillor Janetta Sams
- Councillor Tom Sams
- Councillor Denis Spooner
- Councillor Mrs Val Springett
- Councillor Ziggy Trzebinski
- Councillor Richard Webb
- Councillor Simon Webb
- Councillor Nick de Wiggondene-Sheppard
- Councillor Paul Wilby
- Councillor Dan Wilkinson
- Councillor Thomas Wilkinson
- Councillor Wendy Young
Support officer: Debbie Snook. 01622 602030