Contact your Parish Council
Cobtree Car Park Terms and Conditions
- Meeting of Cobtree Manor Estate Charity Committee, Thursday 10th September, 2020 2.00 pm (Item 115.)
- View the background to item 115.
The Leisure Manager introduced his report setting out details of the terms and conditions in operation at the Cobtree Manor Park car park and making recommendations for their improvement. It was noted that:
· The car park at Cobtree Manor Park attracts around 50,000 paid vehicle visits a year. It has 185 parking spaces and 10 disabled parking spaces. It has a budgeted income of £90,000 per year from daily parking fees and £9,500 from its 190 annual parking permit holders. Visitors pay £2 to park for the whole day and an annual permit to park all day everyday costs £50.
· In the last twelve months Park staff had observed an increasing number of permit holders using the car park as a commuter car park or as the car park of choice for workers in one of the nearby businesses. These users had valid permits and were not parking illegally or outside of the terms of conditions, but in peak times their vehicles did take up parking spaces that could be used by visitors to the Park and this was having an impact on the car park revenue stream.
· The Officers had been looking at solutions to this problem that would deter over-occupation of parking spaces without affecting people’s use of the Park and their enjoyment of their visits, and the following actions were recommended:
Alter the existing Traffic Regulation Order to introduce a maximum stay of six hours in the car park and include a new all-day rate for people wanting to stay all day; and
Alter the annual permit holder terms and conditions to limit permit holders to 1 x six hour stay per day; and
Ensure the Traffic Regulation Order continues to include provision for the prohibition of overnight parking; and
Alter the Traffic Regulation Order to introduce a requirement for motorcycle riders to also pay to park their vehicles.
In response to a question, the Leisure Manager confirmed that an annual season ticket to park in the car park at Cobtree Manor Park costs £50 and 190 season tickets had been sold.
Members were mindful that most visitors to Cobtree Manor Park would not notice any difference in the parking regulations. Most visitors would still pay a standard price of £2 for the duration of their visit or the duration of their visit would be covered by their annual permit. The impact on those affected would be communicated and managed over a period of approximately six months.
1. That the Traffic Regulation Order in force in the car park at Cobtree Manor Park be altered to introduce a maximum stay of six hours in the car park and to include a new all-day rate for people wanting to stay all day.
2. That the annual permit holder terms and conditions be altered to limit permit holders to 1 x six hour stay per day.
3. That the Traffic Regulation Order should continue to include provision for the prohibition of overnight parking.
4. That the Traffic Regulation Order be altered to introduce a requirement for motorcycle riders to also pay to park their vehicles.