We want people to have the opportunity to reach their potential and access services that meet their needs. We will enable this through our roles as a community leader, service provider and employer.
Our equality objectives for 2022-2025 are:
- as a community leader - To lead by example, to ensure every individual resident is connected and supported
- as a service provider - To deliver inclusive services in accordance with our values
- as an employer - To lead a diverse and inclusive workforce that is reflective of the borough of Maidstone where residents and colleagues feel safe, confident, and empowered to challenge and bring about change
Under the Equality Act (2010) we are required to publish information to show how we comply with the public sector equality duty.
- our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Action Plan which sets out how we will deliver on our objectives
- Equality Impact Assessments (outlined below)
- data and information about our population
- Workforce Strategy
- Gender pay gap report
Equality Advisory and Support Service
The Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) is a national advice and support helpline for individuals who have experienced incidents of discrimination. More information is available on their website.