Changes in Circumstances

Changes in circumstances, may affect your Council Tax bill and the amount you need to pay.

Changes in circumstances include:

  • If you move in or out of the borough
  • If you are receiving discount and someone moves in or out
  • If you are receiving an exemption that is no longer right for you
  • If the purpose of your home changes

If you are receiving Council Tax Support and there is a change in your income or savings, then you'll need to let our Benefits department know.

Otherwise, you may notify us about a change in your circumstances:

Tell us you're moving

Remove a discount