Pay your Council Tax Bill
Allocation of Payments
If you have Council Tax arrears and the payment you make does not match the amount that is due for the current year, then your payment will be allocated to the oldest debt.
You'll need to let us know which debt you are making a payment for contacting us.
Please find below our accepted payment methods.
You can pay monthly, pay the full amount in one go or pay half yearly. You will automatically be given monthly instalments. To change this, contact us.
You can use our online form to:
- Change your bank details.
- Change your payments from 10 to 12 monthly instalments.
- Change your payments from 12 to 10 monthly instalments
Please use our online form if you wish to make Council Tax payments online.
You can pay by debit or credit card. We accept Visa, Visa Debit and Mastercard.
Account Name: Maidstone Borough Council
Sort Code: 30-00-00
Account Number: 02390027
What happens to your Council Tax payments?
They are broken down and sent to:
- Kent County Council
- Kent County Council – Adult Social Care
- Maidstone Borough Council
- Police and Crime Commissioner
- Kent & Medway Fire & Rescue
You can find out more information on how much money goes to each area per band as well as how much we put into our essential services here.