Your first day
Your introduction will help you understand the requirements of your role and how to effectively deliver and contribute to your department's priorities. This may vary within each section within the Council, depending on their priorities and objectives.
You can expect:
- All IT and other work equipment will be available to you
- An introduction to job related equipment from a nominated officer
- An introduction to our IT service
- Arrangement of future one to one meetings which will allow you to discuss your role and objectives with your line manager
- Introduction to key contacts, the wider team and colleagues which may include a team buddy
- An explanation of the induction process and when your manager will discuss the key probation stages
- You will receive login details for iTrent from Human Resources on your first day. iTrent processes things like annual leave requests. If you do not receive these details please speak to Human Resources or your line manager.
- Provide you with key Health & Safety Information (fire escape routes, muster points, first aiders and incident reporting)
- Introduce you to workplace facilities such as toilets, refreshments, meeting spaces and other Corporate services (Multi Functional Devices/Print room)
- Introduce individuals within your team
- Arrange for you to undertake job shadowing
- Provide you with your identification and the terms of its use
- Discuss workplace adjustments if required - Including evacuation arrangements
Check you are issued with the following where appropriate;
- Workplace adjustments carried out - Including evacuation arrangements
- Ensure you are comfortable with your buildings Health and Safety – if in doubt, ask your line manager
Getting paid and pay slips
Maidstone Borough Council employees are paid on the 25th for a full calendar month (or the Friday before if it falls on weekend or Bank Holiday).
The cut off for the monthly pay roll process is shown in iTrent however, as a general rule it usually falls around 10th-13th of the month. Expenses must be submitted and authorised by the Manager by this time in order for them to be processed for that month’s payment. If the cut off is missed any expense payment will roll over to the following month.
You can view your pay slips (and P60) electronically via iTrent self-service, if you prefer you can set it up so that a copy is sent to a personal email address (details of how to do this sent with iTrent log in details)
Please remember to update your personal information in itrent.
Be aware that annual leave is recorded in iTrent self-service and is reflected in hours rather than days to account for varied working patterns.
You will have received a request to complete 2 Pension forms from HR and submit them to Kent County Council directly as part of the auto enrolment scheme. If you are planning to opt out you would need to visit the Kent Pension Fund website for further details.