As the country is moving out of the current National Lockdown, the temporary relaxation of parking restrictions, allowing residents and businesses to park in our off-street car parks while displaying a valid parking permit, will end in line with the government’s next phase for relaxing Covid restrictions; i.e. 12 April 2021.
Therefore, from 12 April 2021, any vehicle parked in one of the Council’s pay and display car parks will be required to pay for parking. Failure to make payment could result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
Car Park Locations
About our Car Parks
All car parks are enforced daily.
If a machine is out of service, please use an alternative machine (where available within the car park).
Please note that you may not park without payment of the parking charge.
We're currently introducing new payment machines to our car parks.
These payment machines will not produce a pay and display ticket but can produce a receipt if requested by following the on screen instructions. Once a payment has been made the information will go to our Civil Enforcement Officers' handheld devices.
Please ensure that you follow the instructions on the machine when purchasing time, details of which car parks hold our new payment machines can be found below.
All our car parks now have the facility to pay for parking via the RingGo smartphone app or by phone, this:
- Speeds up the payment process
- Removes the chance of ‘face down’ parking tickets leading to penalty charges and
- Allows you to extend your stay when away from your vehicle
Civil Enforcement Officers receive live payment information for more accurate enforcement. However, pay and display machines will remain in place for customers who can't use RingGo.
When you sign up to the RingGo parking service, you will automatically be included in the following helpful text services:
- Receive a confirmation text; to state when your parking session began.
- An expiry text; this will occur approximately 10 minutes before your parking session is due to end.
- Extend your parking session; if you choose to extend your session, additional time will need to be purchased before your parking session ends.
These three text services are charged at 20p each.
You can change your options at any time by phone, by using the RingGo website or by using the Android or iPhone app.
Updating your options on the app:
Go to my account and update your options by changing your preferences using the sliders on the right hand side of the screen.
For help using the RingGo service, please visit their website.
Electric Car Charging Stations
The map below shows the locations, prices and bay information for all available car parks in Maidstone. For a summary of short stay or long stay car parks, please see their respective sections below.
Short Stay Car Parks
We have seven short stay car parks. Follow the links to see where they are:
- Brewer Street East, ME14 1RU
- King Street, ME14 1BG
- Medway Street, ME14 1JS
- Mill Street, ME15 6YE
- Mote Road, ME15 6EJ (ME15 6ET when using a Sat Nav)
- Palace Avenue, ME15 6NF
- Wheeler Street, ME14 1TU
Between 8am and 6.30pm the maximum stay in these car parks is four hours.
- There are disabled bays in all of our short stay car parks. Blue Badge holders can park in any disabled bay, or should there be none available, any of the other bays free of charge for up to four hours. A valid blue badge must be clearly displayed at all times.
- Brewer Street East, Medway Street, Mill Street, Wheeler Street and King Street car parks all have motorcycle bays. Motorcycles can park in these bays free of charge for up to four hours. Motorcycles parked in an ordinary bay will have to pay.
Tariffs for Short Stay Car Parks
|Car Park||Up to 30mins||Up to 1 hour||Up to 2 hours||Up to 3 hours||Up to 4 hours||Evening/Overnight||Disabled Bays||Motorcycle Bays||No. of Bays|
|Brewer Street East||65p||£1.15||£2.30||£3.45||£4.60||£2.00||4||1||61|
The following car parks have new machines:
|Type of Parking||Car park||Number of Machines|
|Off-Street||Mote Park (Main)||7|
|Off-Street||Union Street West||1|
|On-Street||James Whatman Way||1|
Medway Street: This car park has a height barrier of two metres.
Mote Road: In this car park there are a number of residents bays allocated for residents of Midhurst Court. The bays are clearly signed and belong to Golding Homes. They are managed by AM Secure Services Ltd. Unauthorised vehicles parked in these bays run the risk of being clamped. AM Secure Services are responsible for this enforcement.
Long Stay Car Parks
We have 11 long stay car parks. Follow the links to see where they are:
- Barker Road, ME16 8SF
- Brooks Place, ME14 1HE
- Brunswick Street, ME15 6NP
- College Road, ME15 6YH
- Lockmeadow, ME16 8LW
- Lucerne Street, ME14 1UE
- Sandling Road, ME14 1AA
- Sittingbourne Road, ME14 5DX
- Union Street East, ME14 1EY
- Union Street West, ME14 1EE
- Well Road, ME14 1XL
- There are disabled bays in all of our long stay car parks. Blue Badge holders can park in any disabled bay, or should there be none available, any of the other bays free of charge. A valid blue badge must be clearly displayed at all times.
- Brunswick Street, Lockmeadow, Union Street East, Union Street West and Well Road car parks all have motorcycle bays. Motorcycles can park in these bays free of charge. Motorcycles parked in an ordinary bay will have to pay.
Brunswick street is temporarily closed until further notice.
Tariffs for Long Stay Car Parks
|Car Park||Up to 1 hour||Up to 2 hours||Up to 3 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 5 hours||Over 5 hours||Evening/Overnight||Disabled Bays||Motorcycle Bays||No. of Bays|
|Union Street East||£1.15||£2.30||£3.45||£4.60||£5.75||£7.30||£2.00||3||1||51|
|Union Street West||£1.15||£2.30||£3.45||£4.60||£5.75||£7.30||£2.00||2||1||32|
- Height Barriers: Brooks Place, Lucerne Street, Union Street West and Well Road car parks have a height barrier of 2 meters. Sandling Road has a height barrier of 1.9 meters.
- Sittingbourne Road: Free coach and mini bus parking is also available in this car park.
- Barker Road: If you're using the High Speed Link Service at Maidstone West Station you are entitled to discounted all day parking at a reduced charge of £4.40. This will upgrade your pay and display ticket to allow all day parking. To get discounted parking: Park and pay for up to four hours parking
- Display your parking ticket in the front windscreen of your vehicle
- Buy your rail ticket from the Southeastern Rail Ticket office
- To register for all day parking please text your vehicle registration number and your rail ticket (or season ticket) number to 07717 665627 anytime before expiry of your purchased time.
Other Car Parks
We have two other car parks at:
Other Parking Tariffs
Below is a list of tariffs applying to certain car parks that are not listed in the two sections above.
|Car Park||Up to 1 hour||Up to 3 hours||Up to 4 hours||5 hours or over||Disabled Bays||No. of Bays|
|Car Park||Up to 1 hour||Up to 2 hours||Up to 3 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 5 hours||Over 5 hours||Disabled Bays||Motorcycle Bays||Mini Bus Bays||No. of Bays|
On Street Parking Bays
- Union Street - OS1 and OS6
- Mill Street - OS2
- King Street - OS3
- Brewer Street - OS4 and OS8
- Church Street - OS5
- Wheeler Street - OS7
- County Road - OS9
- College Horseway - OS10
- James Whatman Way - OS11
- Albion Place - OS12
|Up to 30 mins||80p||8am||6pm|
|30 mins to 1 hour||£1.50||8am||6pm|
|1 hour to 1.30 hours||£2.25||8am||6pm|
|1.30 hours to 2 hours||£3.00||8am||6pm|
James Whatman Way Tariffs
|Up to 30 mins||70p||8am||6pm|
|30 mins to 1 hour||£1.50||8am||6pm|
|1 hour to 1.30 hours||£2||8am||6pm|
|1.30 hours to 2 hours||£2.50||8am||6pm|
|2 to 3 hours||£3.50||8am||6pm|
|3 to 4 hours||£4.50||8am||6pm|
We have a number of on-street disabled bays around the town centre including those on:
- County Road
- James Whatman Way
- King Street
- Maidstone High Street
- St Faiths Street
- Wyke Manor Road
Coaches and Mini Buses
Coach bays are located in Sittingbourne Road Car Park and are free of charge.
There are no facilities for parking caravans or motorhomes at any of our car parks or on-street bays. Sleeping in a vehicle overnight is not allowed.
Visit Camping and Caravanning Club UK website to find a nearby campsite.