Do I Need Planning Permission?

You will need planning permission for most types of development. The most common types are:

  • For residents:
    • Building a house or extension
    • Changing the use of a building or land
    • Putting up walls and fences
    • Making a new vehicle access
  • For businesses:
    • Changing the use of a building or land
    • Displaying or changing an advertisement

For guidance please visit the Planning Portal Website if you want to confirm whether existing or proposed works need planning permission you can apply for a lawful development certificate online.

Or you can pay us for a pre-application advice. To apply and for more information visit our Pre-Application Advice Page.