Community Resilience Fund
Your privacy and the protection of your personal information is very important to us and we are committed to robust compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This privacy notice explains what we do with your personal information, your rights and how we protect it.
This notice is for all our service users and clients. This version of the notice was adopted in November 2020 and will be kept under review.
Who we areMaidstone Borough Council
You can find us in the Information Commissioner’s register of organisations reference number Z4752882.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, or wish to exercise your rights, please contact the data protection officer:
The personal information we hold on our service users
We hold a range of information relating to our clients and service users to permit us to provide you with the best service we can and to fulfil our public role. This includes:
- Your name and contact details such as address, telephone number, and email address
- Role in organisation/group
Keeping your personal information
By law, we must not keep your personal information longer than we need it. This information will be kept until the end of the scheme.
Why we process your personal information (the legal basis)
For the performance of a task in the public interest.
We will use your information to:
- Provide you with services.
- Retain a record to permit us to audit and quality assure those services.
- Contact you for user satisfaction surveys.
- Plan and manage our services and to meet the requirements of external regulators.
- Give you a better experience on our website and to improve the relevance of online advertising you see. Please see our Privacy Statement.
- Keep visitors and colleagues safe and secure, we also use CCTV at our premises which records images.
Automated decision making
There are no automated decisions in this process.
Staying in touch
We want to keep in touch with clients and service users to tell you about our services, by post, email, text or social media.
We will not do this if you opt-out or object, and you can change your mind at any time. Just get in touch using the contact details at the top of this notice or unsubscribe within any of our awareness-raising communications.
We will not use your personal information to send you marketing communications by email or text without your consent.
Sharing personal information
We do not share this information.
Your rights over your personal information
- Access – you can request copies of your personal information that is held by us.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. We can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Limit processing – how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to how your data is being used
Find out more information on the ICO website.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you want to exercise your personal data rights or have any questions about how we use your data, please get in touch using the contact details at the top of this notice.