Join the variety of different Events at Mote Park.
Mote Park is a large green space in Maidstone covering over 450 acres. It has woodland, grassland, rivers and a 30 acre lake.
The park also came third in the 2015 People's Choice for their favourite green flag park.
The main entrance to Mote Park is:
There are other entrances on Willington Street in Bearsted and School Lane in Shepway.
Monday to Friday – 8am to dusk
Saturday and Sunday – 8am to dusk
There are three car parks, all with disabled parking.
|Ticket||8am - 10am||Up to 6 hours after 10am||Over 6 hours|
|Residents Annual Season Ticket||--||£40||--|
All the money raised will go back into maintaining the park.
Parking is free for blue badge holders, if all the bays are full you may park in a standard bay so long as the blue badge is clearly on display.
The bays are located at:
- Mote Park Main (next to Café) has 13 disabled bays
- School lane has 2 disabled bays
- Burning Ground has 2 disabled bays
Applying or Renewing
- They cost £50 a year (£40 and £10 VAT)
- We can't offer part year refunds
- You'll need to apply 10 days before you'd like it to start and
- They're only available to residents of Maidstone
Your permit can only be used:
- In the pay and display car parks within Mote Park
- For a maximum of six hours
- In the leisure centre car park
- For up to two hours after your six hours is up
- In any of our other pay and display car parks
- Café serving hot and cold food, snacks, drinks and ice creams
- Four children's play areas including a natural woodland play area for ages 8 to 15 years and a skate park
- Disabled Toilets can be accessed using a Radar Key. Information about how to get one can be found on our Public Toilets page
- A model railway. This is run by the Maidstone Model Engineering Society. In the summer, it is open to the public every Sunday and on bank holidays between 2.30pm and 5pm. It costs 30p per ride
- Model boats. They are based near to the boat house on the lake. It is leased to the Maidstone Cygnets Model Boat Club. For more information, visit their website or contact Chris Diaper, the club secretary, on 01634 250371
- Outdoor training equipment
- A ‘Red Bull’ Digger BMX Track
- Football pitches. Information about booking pitches and prices can be found on our Sport Pitches and Courts pages
- Rugby pitches. Information about booking pitches and prices can be found on our Sport Pitches and Courts pages
- Mote Park Water Sports Centre
- Maidstone Leisure Centre
- Angling - Maidstone Victory Angling and Medway Preservation Society. You will need a permit to fish at Mote Park. To buy a permit, you will need a rod licence. You need to bring a copy of your rod licence with you to get the permit. They are £6 a day for adults and £3 a day for children. Permits are available from:
Relevant addresses:The Maidstone Angling Centre
15 Perryfield Street
01622 200000 West Malling Angling
58 High Street
01732 875515 D&A Angling
185 Station Road
All information about the Adventure Zone being built in Mote Park can be found on our Mote Park projects page.