We offer a chargeable bulky waste collection service to residents. We can collect up to eight items per booking.
When you arrange a collection please make sure that:
- the collection is from a residential property
- items are left just inside the front boundary of your property as we do not take things up and down stairs
- they are placed out for collection at 6.30am on the day as they will be collected by 5pm
- they are left in or by the bin store if you live in a flat
- each item is under two metres in length
- small items are put into containers for example tiles
- wood is bundled together as we will not take any loose pieces
- the items can be lifted safely by two people
- items don't contain glass or mirrors
- items are not garden waste, this needs to go in your garden bin or taken to the local recycling centre
If you're making a booking to remove a fridge freezer or freezer please make sure these have been defrosted and all food has been removed.
|Number of items||Price|
To remove a fridge, freezer or fridge freezer it'll cost:
- £21 for one
- £42 for two
Council Tax support
If you're receiving Council Tax support, you're eligible for one discounted collection a year of up to 4 items. There is no discount applied to fridge/freezer collections.
|Number of items||Price|
Change or cancel a collection
If you need to change the date, add or remove items or cancel your collection, follow the instructions in the confirmation email you would have been sent when booking.
Alternatively you can fill out our form as long as you have your reference number to hand. You can only make one change to a booking and this needs to be three working days before the collection.
You need to cancel three working days before the collection is due to get a full refund. The refund can take up to 14 working days to process.
Types of items
Items we will collect
These are an example of what we'll take, our form will provide a full list of what we can collect.
|Items we collect|
|Bed base, headboards and mattresses|
|Armchair or chairs|
|Cupboards, wardrobes and shelving units|
|Desks and drawers|
|Fencing (a maximum of 180cm by 180cm)|
|Settees and sofas (A three-piece suite is classed as three items for example, a sofa and two armchairs)|
Items that we do not collect
|Items we do not collect|
|Storage heaters (unless bricks removed)|
|Car parts and tyres|
|Garage doors (unless cut in two)|
|Hazardous waste including paint tins, oils etc.|
|Items over 2 metres|
|Items that can't be lifted safely by two people|
|Pianos/organs (unless dismantled)|
|Windows or any loose glass including mirrors|
|Builders waste (bricks, plaster, pavers, block, soil)|
|Sun beds (even with glass taken out)|
Charity collections and donations
If your bulky items are in a good reusable condition, why not donate them to charity? There are many charities which take reusable furniture.
To donate your items contact the organisation directly.
If you'd like to suggest a charity or organisation to include please contact us.
You could also use a private contractor. It's your responsibility to make sure that whoever you use has the correct waste licence. You can search for a licence on the Environment Agency's website.