About our bulky collections
- Each item will need to be under two metres in length so it can be lifted safely by two people
- A three-piece suite is classed as three items for example, a sofa and two armchairs
- Garden waste is not part of the service and should be put it in your garden waste bin
- Small items, like tiles, need to be put into containers so they can be lifted safely by two people
- Televisions and computer monitors will be collected by a separate vehicle as they can’t be crushed
- Fridges, freezers or fridge/freezers aren't included on a standard collection
Before booking a bulky collection
We need to know what all the items are when taking the booking, if we don't, we won't be able to collect them.
Once a booking has been taken any changes or additions need to be made by 11am the working day before the collection.
Please ensure the following are met before making a bulky booking:
- The collection must be from a residential property
- Items must be left just inside the front boundary of your property for 7am on the day of collection
- If you live in a flat the items need to be left in or by the bin store
- We will not collect from commercial properties, including schools and nursing homes
We collect fridges and freezers separately to other bulky items.
To remove a fridge, freezer or fridge freezer it'll cost:
- £20 for one
- £40 for two
Before we collect them you need to defrost them and remove any food from them.
What items do we collect?
|Bathroom suite||Builders rubble|
|Bed bases and headboards||Car parts|
|Arm chair or chairs||Commercial waste|
|Computers||Garage and patio doors|
|Cupboards and wardrobes||Garden waste|
|Desks and drawers||Hazardous waste including paint, oils etc|
|Garden furniture||Items that can't be lifted safely by two people|
|Loose wood||Lengths of metal or wood above two metres|
|Rugs/mats||Builders sacks or hippo bags|
|Settees and sofas||Storage heaters|
A complete list of items we collect will be displayed in the form.
How do I pay for a bulky collection?
You can pay for your bulky collection using our online form. We accept Visa, Visa Debit and Mastercard payments.
|Number of Items||Price|
Charity collections and donations
If your bulky items are in a good reusable condition, why not donate them to charity? There are many charities which take reusable furniture.
To donate your items contact the organisation directly. Some you may want to consider are:
If you'd like to suggest a charity or organisation to include please email us.
If your items can't be reused you can take them Tovil Recycling Centre