Bulky collections

Due to a change in contractors we are unable to offer collection appointments beyond 15 March 2024. Bookings from 25 March 2024 will open shortly.

If you have bulky waste, please hire a licenced waste carrier. Alternatively, you can book a slot to take your waste to a local household waste recycling centre.

We offer a chargeable bulky waste collection service to residents. We can collect up to eight items per booking.

When you arrange a collection please make sure that:

  • the collection is from a residential property
  • items are left just inside the front boundary of your property as we do not take things up and down stairs
  • they are placed out for collection at 6.30am on the day as they will be collected by 5pm
  • they are left in or by the bin store if you live in a flat
  • each item is under two metres in length
  • small items are put into containers for example tiles
  • wood is bundled together as we will not take any loose pieces
  • the items can be lifted safely by two people
  • items don't contain glass or mirrors
  • items are not garden waste, this needs to go in your garden bin or taken to the local recycling centre

If you're making a booking to remove a fridge freezer or freezer please make sure these have been defrosted and all food has been removed.


Number of itemsPrice
1-4 items £29
5-8 items £39

To remove a fridge, freezer or fridge freezer it'll cost:

  • £21 for one
  • £42 for two

Council Tax support

If you're receiving Council Tax support, you're eligible for one discounted collection a year of up to 4 items. There is no discount applied to fridge/freezer collections.

Number of itemsPrice
1-4 items £19
5-8 items £39

Book a collection

Change or cancel a collection

If you need to change the date, add or remove items or cancel your collection, follow the instructions in the confirmation email you would have been sent when booking.

Alternatively you can fill out our form as long as you have your reference number to hand. You can only make one change to a booking and this needs to be three working days before the collection.

You need to cancel three working days before the collection is due to get a full refund. The refund can take up to 14 working days to process.

Amend or cancel your booking

Types of items

Items we will collect


These are an example of what we'll take, our form will provide a full list of what we can collect.

Items we collect
Bathroom suite
Bed base, headboards and mattresses
Armchair or chairs
Cupboards, wardrobes and shelving units
Desks and drawers
Fencing (a maximum of 180cm by 180cm)
Garden furniture
Loose wood
Settees and sofas (A three-piece suite is classed as three items for example, a sofa and two armchairs)
White goods

Items that we do not collect

Items we do not collect
Storage heaters (unless bricks removed)
Car parts and tyres
Garage doors (unless cut in two)
Garden waste
Hazardous waste including paint tins, oils etc.
Items over 2 metres
Items that can't be lifted safely by two people
Pianos/organs (unless dismantled)
Windows or any loose glass including mirrors
Gas bottles
Builders waste (bricks, plaster, pavers, block, soil)
Sun beds (even with glass taken out)
Golf buggies
Electric wheelchairs
Garden rotavators

If your items cannot be taken you may be able to take them to either the Tovil recycling centre or Allington recycling centre.

Charity collections and donations

If your bulky items are in a good reusable condition, why not donate them to charity? There are many charities which take reusable furniture.

To donate your items contact the organisation directly.

If you'd like to suggest a charity or organisation to include please contact us.

If your items cannot be reused you may be able to take them to either the Tovil recycling centre or Allington recycling centre.

LoveJunk and private contractors

LoveJunk is a waste removal and reuse marketplace, more information can be found on their website.

You could also use a private contractor. It's your responsibility to make sure that whoever you use has the correct waste licence. You can search for a licence on the Environment Agency's website.