Issue - meetings
3rd Quarter Financial Update & Performance Monitoring Report 2020/21
- Appendix 1 - Third Quarter Budget Monitoring 2020/21, item 319 PDF 352 KB View as HTML (319/2) 61 KB
- Appendix 2 - Third Quarter Performance Monitoring 2020/21, item 319 PDF 249 KB View as HTML (319/3) 64 KB
The Head of Finance introduced the financial update of the report and stated that the net income shortfall for the Committee was £1.9 million with significant adverse variances in development control and parking. The income received through the Sales, Fees and Charges Scheme had not been included within the figures presented.
The Head of Finance highlighted the increased forecast overspend on the Local Plan Review (LPR) due to increased spending on sustainability appraisal’s and transport modelling, the volume of consultation responses to the Regulation 18 public consultation, the extensions required for specialist contractors and the accelerated LPR timescale. The overspend would be closely monitored by finance and planning officers.
It was stated that whilst the Medway Street Flood Prevention Works were ongoing, these were likely to be delayed, with the remaining budget for the works to be carried into the next financial year.
The Senior Business Analyst introduced the performance update, stating that three of the six Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) did not meet the third quarter target, with one having missed the target by more than 10%; the percentage of priority 1 enforcement cases dealt with in time. This was due to Covid-19 restrictions having prevented Officers from carrying out a site visit within the allotted time.
The percentage of priority 2 enforcement cases dealt with in time missed the target by 3.45%, due to the service area experiencing reduced staffing levels. A new staffing structure had been agreed, with additional resources to be in place before the fourth quarter. The affordable homes as a percentage of all new homes had achieved 180% of the set target.
It was noted that the Policy and Resources Committee would be considering the requests made by the Committee at its last meeting, concerning the Medium- Term Financial Strategy and Budget Proposals, the following day.
1. The Revenue position at the end of Quarter 3 for 2020/21, including the actions being taken or proposed to improve the position, where significant variances have been identified, be noted;
2. The Capital position as at the end of Quarter 3 be noted; and
3. The Performance position as at Quarter 3 for 2020/21, including the actions being taken or proposed to improve the position, where significant issues have been identified, be noted.