Issue - meetings
Strategic Planning and Infrastructure Committee
- Appendix A - Progress Against Outcomes in the Strategic Plan 2019-2024, item 320 PDF 91 KB
- Appendix B - Results from the Residents Survey - Impact of Covid-19, item 320 PDF 172 KB View as HTML (320/3) 18 KB
- Appendix C - Strategic Plan Proposed Areas of Focus 2021-2026, item 320 PDF 112 KB View as HTML (320/4) 55 KB
- Appendix D - Proposed Covid-19 KPIs for Recovery, item 320 PDF 104 KB View as HTML (320/5) 59 KB
The Policy and Information Manager introduced the report and reiterated that the Policy and Resources Committee had agreed that the Strategic Plan would undergo a refresh in July 2020.
The proposed areas of focus relating to the Committee had been drafted in accordance with the Member feedback received during the Summer of 2020 and were shown at Appendix C to the report. The proposed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) shown in Appendix D to the report would replace the current KPI set and assist in monitoring the Council’s progress in recovering from Covid-19.
In discussing Appendix D, the Committee requested that an additional KPI to monitor vacant office space within the Borough and in the neighbouring areas, be included. This was due to the potential impact of Covid-19 on the Council’s employment strategy which affected the Local Plan allocations.
It was felt that a concept of analysing a plateau point within the recovery column figure be considered, rather than focusing purely on reaching close to pre-Covid-19 levels, to give an indication on whether further economic recovery was likely.
1. The Committee’s feedback and recommendations on the proposed refreshed areas of focus for the Council’s Strategic Plan for the period 2021-2026, set out in Appendix C to the report, be provided to the Policy and Resources Committee; and
2. The Committee’s feedback and comments on the proposed Key Performance Indicators for Covid-19 Recovery set out in Appendix D to the report, be considered provided to the Policy and Resources Committee.